RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

I think there was also a belief at the time that moves like that were not done as a courtesy to players, to affect their market value.... and to keep current players happy as it would **** them off.  Not sure on the validity but I recall that being put out there.  

17 hours ago, Oblong said:

Remember when he played LF?

17 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I try not to

How about Guillen?  Yikes....

Just now, Oblong said:

I think there was also a belief at the time that moves like that were not done as a courtesy to players, to affect their market value.... and to keep current players happy as it would **** them off.  Not sure on the validity but I recall that being put out there.  

There was that theory, yes.  Not necessarily for the players moving on in free agency, but more for prospective free agent signings.

On 9/10/2019 at 5:09 AM, Lei Pong said:

Those pictures are at least a year old...

You're welcome to find and post some current photos... 

There aren't many out there. There's of ton of him from the whitecaps. 

34 minutes ago, Yoda said:

For sure. But 30 pounds? Maybe I don't know enough about what 30 pounds looks like. 

He looks a bit chunky but I don't see 30# either, maybe 10-15?  He probably really needs a nutritionist/chef to help him eat healthier.  Just cutting a few carbs would probably cut that weight.

If he has a weight problem at age 21, this is likely to be a lifelong struggle for him.  You might get his weight down for a few more seasons to keep him at SS, but he looks like he is going to have to play a corner.

He looks like he's carrying more fat in his middle from the WM pic to the Lakleland one.  Face looks fatter too.  He looks even chunkier in the Erie video.  He's definitely on a "Facts of Life" trend line... Better tackle that issue now.

2 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

If he has a weight problem at age 21, this is likely to be a lifelong struggle for him.  You might get his weight down for a few more seasons to keep him at SS, but he looks like he is going to have to play a corner.

Stick him at 2B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigrrfan said:

Actually .. every body in that video appears chunky.

Welcome to 'Murica.

squaring to bunt and then swinging away and actually hitting the ball is a really old school move. I like it.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

squaring to bunt and then swinging away and actually hitting the ball is a really old school move. I like it.

Isn’t that called the butcher boy?

7 hours ago, Casimir said:

Why not 3B?

I'm sorry. I was having visions of Sugar Plu.... errr, Placido Polanco in my head.

I'd like a Polanco 2.0. With more power.

14 hours ago, Casimir said:

Isn’t that called the butcher boy?

I thought the butcher boy was chopping down on the ball to get a high IF hop to advance a runner or runners.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Stick him at 2B.

Love him at 2b. I think that is where he will end up. I have to say I find it hard to believe a 20 year old that plays baseball every day of his life, is overweight. He has an eating problem that will only get worse if he doesn't do something about it, lIke right now.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:15 PM, RandyMarsh said:

In an era with more k's and flyballs is being able to handle short as important as it used to be?    At this stage all I care about is if he can hit and that's it.  

Al? Is that you?

On 9/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, tiger337 said:

The funny thing about Peralta is that he looked like a poor fielder, but his numbers were consistently good.  

That's because he couldn't get to many balls, but when it did, he didn't boot them. Very sticky glove.

4 minutes ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Love him at 2b. I think that is where he will end up. I have to say I find it hard to believe a 20 year old that plays baseball every day of his life, is overweight. He has an eating problem that will only get worse if he doesn't do something about it, lIke right now.

It isn't hard to believe to me at all.  There are no shortage of overweight kids out there.

I agree it probably is diet related.  I don't know it is as dire as suggested in your post, but ideally he starts taking it seriously sooner rather than later (or never).

4 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I thought the butcher boy was chopping down on the ball to get a high IF hop to advance a runner or runners.

Yes, I think you're right.