RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

3 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

JV, Max, Miguel, Fister, Sanchez, Victor, JD, Fielder, Smokes, Don Kelly and Shannon Hogan.  We came about as close as you could to having it all.  

And Omar Vizquel and Andy Van Slyke.

Funkhouser caps off the bad season with a horrible outing: 3IP, 4H, 5ER, 5BB, 3K

56 minutes ago, kdog said:

Funkhouser caps off the bad season with a horrible outing: 3IP, 4H, 5ER, 5BB, 3K

I don't think we protect him. Burrows is questionable as well.

It's fair to say that the progress  the minor leagues this year was incremental at best. My guess is Avila will send a lot of guys overboard to deflect blame. They need a complete makeover in staff at most levels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kdog said:

Standing behind somebody who backs up this badly is asking for trouble.

for Erie, Hill was HBP and left game with no AB and a walk. Faedo did fine in 3IP, 1H 0R 0BB 4K but the game fell apart for the Wolves after that.

11 hours ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

I don't think we protect him. Burrows is questionable as well.

Agree on Funkouser.  If another team wants a 25 year old with a 2+ WHIP over 70 AAA innings, have at it.  Unless the Tigers know for certain that his 8.0 BB/9 was injury related or working through some sort of mechanics that are long term to adapt to, there's no reason to 40 him.

However, I think Burrows is a bit of a tougher call because of age.  There are some pitchers on the 40 now who are strictly filler and can be dumped in lieu of in house prospects or possible rule 5 candidates, but at the same time, the Tigers are going to need arms just to fill out 1,450 major league innings.  There have been 31 pitchers used this season.  31.  That seems an astounding number even if 6 of them pitched single digit innings.

I am not clear about who we need to protect on the 40 and those we do not but it seems with the major league team being so bad it should be hard to even come up with 40 guys worth protecting ?

26 minutes ago, socaltiger said:

I am not clear about who we need to protect on the 40 and those we do not but it seems with the major league team being so bad it should be hard to even come up with 40 guys worth protecting ?

You would think it wouldn't be that difficult 

4 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

Wow....knew he was hurt but didn't know it was life threatening.

Detroit Tigers minor leaguer Chace Numata dies from injuries in skateboarding accident

Heartbreaking. I'm seeing a lot of comments on social media asking why he was even out skateboarding. I think we all forget sometimes that these guys are humans with lives outside of baseball.

2 hours ago, wolverinefan said:

Heartbreaking. I'm seeing a lot of comments on social media asking why he was even out skateboarding. I think we all forget sometimes that these guys are humans with lives outside of baseball.

He was from Hawaii, he probably grew up surfing and skating and it was probably second nature to him.  

Anybody know where I can find a list of Rule 5 eligibles?

Also need a list of the Rule V eligibles.......

And just to prove that life isn't all bad, Ryan Carpenter has been released (to make room for Troy Stokes Jr, picked up on waivers).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, Riley Greene did mange to get his feet under himself a bit at WM as the season ended, finishing with a 256 BA in his last 10 games and 10 total bases in his last 3 outings.

So with the MilB season over, at AA, Mize, Skubal, Manning, Faedo have all finished the year without falling out of contention as future pieces, and Wentz even looked good in a limited audition. OTOH last offseason's optimism about Funhouse and Burrows is sputtering out., and Turnbull, our MLB Spring flash, clearly also still has a long way to go. At the MLB level, beside Turnbull, Boyd is gonna be Boyd, solid but more often than not unspectacular, Norris finally got through a whole season in one piece, but remains an mechanical work in progress, Zimmermann - OK, he can still gut it out and keep you in a game, when he can stay on the field, which will be a constant question mark, VerHagen still has a way to go to before he can be trusted, Jimenez is not ready for his role, the rest of the staff and BP remains tinder and kindling.

Which is why I'm confident next year the Tigers will lose at least 95 games for the 4th consecutive year for the first time in franchise history

1 hour ago, leflore said:

Which is why I'm confident next year the Tigers will lose at least 95 games for the 4th consecutive year for the first time in franchise history

That's just an arbirtary mark. Why not 98 or 90?

5 hours ago, gzbach said:

Anybody know where I can find a list of Rule 5 eligibles?

Also need a list of the Rule V eligibles.......

And just to prove that life isn't all bad, Ryan Carpenter has been released (to make room for Troy Stokes Jr, picked up on waivers).

This doesn't include players who are eligible for free agency (e.g Azocar and A. Castro)

Darwin Alvarado
Jose Appleton
Nolan Blackwood
Beau Burrows
Daz Cameron
Mark Ecker
Gustavo Figueroa
Jason Foley
Kyle Funkhouser
Cam Gibson
Carlos Guzman
Wilkel Hernandez
Derek Hill
Zac Houston
Pedro Hurtado
Xavier Javier
A.J. Ladwig
Luis Laurencio
Josh Lester
Joe Navilhon
Moises Nunez
Isaac Paredes
Danny Pinero
Wladimir Pinto
Brady Policelli
Jake Robson
Elvin Rodriguez
Jesus Rodriguez
Kade Scivicque
Chad Sedio
Logan Shore
Alfredo Silva
Gresuan Silverio
A.J. Simcox
Troy Stokes Jr.
Trent Szkutnik
Christhian Tortosa
Jose Vasquez
Spenser Watkins
Danny Woodrow

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I think it should be 93.  72-90 doesn't look that bad.  69-93 looks terrible,  

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Because they lost 95 the past 2 seasons. Imho it is a statement that if next season goes as most of us think it will it will be the longest stretch they have been this bad in franchise history - which imho highlights that this is the first time they appear to be tanking.

I have a theory that Wentz did much better for Erie than Mississippi in the SL (down year for hitters in the EL); this will probably be good for his development due to confidence, and I can see that with his improved BB rate (SSS).

6 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

The crown jewel of the Tiger’s org—Erie’s staff

8B395C11-95B8-4BEF-AA06-BE7D082093E7.png

Dress shopping, eh?

• Like 1