RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

10 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I'd love to see an iso to see what his 1st step  was like, but those are damn nice catches for a future 1st baseman. :wink:

1st Base?   He'll be a pitcher after Lloyd wrecks him.

4 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I'd love to see an iso to see what his 1st step  was like, but those are damn nice catches for a future 1st baseman. :wink:

DD had an interview recently with Gene Roof before a Tiger game, and he said that when he first started in rookie ball and Conn that he would let the ball fall, and pick the ball up and throw it to the base.  He has learned that in pro ball, you have to get the ball, and don't allow the runners to run amok.  Pretty impressive the amount that he has progressed in so little time.

3 hours ago, TigerNation said:

The Astros refused to give up Bregman for Chris Sale in the winter of 2016, doubt they'd have given him up for Fulmer who was never close to Sales level.

And Bregman has come out publicly to say that never happened. 

AGAIN... trades are not this black and white. 

Manning pitches 4IP, 1H, 1ER, 1BB, 5K before a rain delay ends his night.

5 minutes ago, kdog said:

Mother Nature abides by innings pitched progressions from season to season.

Thompson and DeJesus combine for a 7 inning SO for Lakeland against Jupiter. 2-0 final in the first game, then Lakeland takes the 2nd game 2-1.

1 hour ago, kdog said:

Manning and Pinto have combined for a one hitter through 7 and the game is delayed again. Seawolves have 4 hits, 2 each for Gibson and Paredes.Gibson HR & walk, Clemens in his Erie debut has 2 walks. Manning's last start was also an Erie combined 1 hitter.

Welhaf with 7 IP 2H 1R 3K for the Whitecaps but WM hitters shut out.

Paredes' second half bounceback has been nice to see.  You figure he's in Triple A next year and sucks for half the season, then starts the season there in 2021 and comes up sometime in July. 

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

Paredes' second half bounceback has been nice to see.  You figure he's in Triple A next year and sucks for half the season, then starts the season there in 2021 and comes up sometime in July. 

Top hitting prospects typically don't spend a year and a half in AAA. You're well aware of this. 

I gotta good feeling about Parades. Like a get a good feeling about a cantelope. I'm gifted that way. Or as my ma used to say, "special."

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Yoda said:

Top hitting prospects typically don't spend a year and a half in AAA. You're well aware of this. 

I don't think he's a "top hitting prospect", I think he's the TIGERS' top hitting prospect.

Paredes looks like he could be an average major league player.  That's nothing to shake a stick at.

The fact that he's probably the best hitting prospect in the whole system (other than the guy they just took 4th overall who BETTER be a better prospect) says a lot about the lack of talent in the system.

Basically, I agree with you, I'm just saying Paredes could be a decent player if he can find a position in the majors.  

35 minutes ago, Buddha said:

Basically, I agree with you, I'm just saying Paredes could be a decent player if he can find a position in the majors.  

It ain't looking like he will be blocked from 3B by Candelario/Lugo.

10 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Thompson and DeJesus combine for a 7 inning SO for Lakeland against Jupiter. 2-0 final in the first game, then Lakeland takes the 2nd game 2-1.

Is that a complete game shutout then?

Parades isn't our top hitting prospect.  Riley Greene is...

It certainly isn't Reynaldo Rivera...

8 hours ago, Yoda said:

He's not really a top hitting prospect.  He's a good one and he's very young, but I don't think he's the type of blue chip guy they will rush to the majors.  

18 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Only spectacular to those that never saw Biggs galloping around the outfield.

Damn right.  Presuming I wasn't playing in the middle of the infield.

Hackosky wrote today that the Tigers might have misgivings about putting Burrows on the 40 man roster...when someone challenged him on it..he responded:

It’s not a ‘take.’ Read the story, not just the headline. It’s a decision the club will need to make. Protect him from Rule 5 or not. Damn. Nobody knows the difference between reported news and ‘takes’ anymore

You think I just pulled that out of my ***? It’s reported. Don’t tell me how to do my job

No, I'm saying just because you have a fan crush on Beau Burrows doesn't mean the organization isn't going to have to make a decision whether or not to put him on the 40-man this off-season. 
And I'm done with this. Be well

He's right, at least in part, on Burrows. The decision isn't as clear cut as most fans likely believe. He's shown more and more tendency toward a relief future, finishes the year on the IL, and there's other priorities for some of that 40-man space. It's not an obvious decision.

• Thanks 1

And with rule 5 it's not just about the potential upside of the player, it's also about the roster rule. Carrying an MLB unready position player with defensive or running skills for a year is one thing. Carrying a pitcher who has yet to get AAA batters out consistently and hasn't even ever pitched in relief has to be a tough sell for a GM to make to his manager. The worst Reyes was going to do last yr before he was ready was make an out at the plate here and there. A pitcher who can't get anyone out is  bigger millstone.