RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

24 minutes ago, kdog said:

Clemens promoted to Erie.

Free at last!

That is 6 IF on the Erie roster. Paredes to Toledo? or is Peterson back in Toledo? Or someone dropped back?

37 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

If he is correct, I think the timing of the trade proposal was not consistent with the Tigers rebuild effort.

How was it not? They traded JD the same month and Justin a month later. The rebuild was on. 

Fangraphs ran their annual trade value in July of 2017, at that time Fulmer was the 22nd most valuable trade piece in all of MLB.   It would have been foolish at that time to trade him for just a single prospect.   He was worth much more than that.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Breaking news...Tigers could have drafted Mike Trout.

He still needs a couple more years for me to be convinced he is for real.  

• Like 1

Also people have to remember at one point in June we were only a 1.5 GB of first place,  we weren't going to be selling off pieces then.  It wasn't until a month later where we dropped out of the race where we were open for business.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Yoda said:

How was it not? They traded JD the same month and Justin a month later. The rebuild was on. 

They had to move JD rebuild or not so that to me that was a more ambiguous marker. I don't believe they were 100%  committed to a total rebuild until JV finally agreed to his trade.  If he had not, I suppose it could have been worse,  they might have been stuck in middling purgatory like the Pistons, and we would not have Greene or Mize, or Rogers. But I think they would have played it differently

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I mean to say if a trade was offered, I believe it was offered at the beginning of the season rather than when the Tigers were rebuilding.

I believe this is correct....

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Fangraphs ran their annual trade value in July of 2017, at that time Fulmer was the 22nd most valuable trade piece in all of MLB.   It would have been foolish at that time to trade him for just a single prospect.   He was worth much more than that.  

Also a pitcher... it's not that black and white. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I mean to say if a trade was offered, I believe it was offered at the beginning of the season rather than when the Tigers were rebuilding.

That makes sense. But who knows. 

4 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Also a pitcher... it's not that black and white. 

Furthering this....one with a significant injury history throughout his minor league development (knee, back, shoulder).

59 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

They had to move JD rebuild or not so that to me that was a more ambiguous marker. I don't believe they were 100%  committed to a total rebuild until JV finally agreed to his trade.  If he had not, I suppose it could have been worse,  they might have been stuck in middling purgatory like the Pistons, and we would not have Greene or Mize, or Rogers. But I think they would have played it differently

why did they have to move jd if they werent rebuilding?

8 minutes ago, Microline133 said:

Furthering this....one with a significant injury history throughout his minor league development (knee, back, shoulder).

and who didnt strike a lot of people out.

9 minutes ago, Buddha said:

why did they have to move jd if they werent rebuilding?

because they could not afford to sign him and they get a lot less when he walks after the season ends. Nor did they have DH open for him. Now you may well reject that last premise, but the Tigers have become an org that is trying to play by the numbers regardless of how any of us feel about it.

10 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

The Tigers hate position players.

LOL - you know, I wouldn't be surprised if at some level the analytics growth has made pitchers more attractive or comfortable for FOs to work on in the sense that there is so much data you can slice and dice about a pitcher. You can decide what you want and go for a guy whose pitches are exactly the ones you want. You can coach a guy to throw in the manner you believe maximizes his value.  Hitters are a mystery by comparison. You can catalog what they do, but the kind of predictive data you can measure for a pitcher: velo, spin, break, accuracy, have no counterparts for determining whether a guy's pitch recognition and reaction capability will play against MLB pitching. There is probably not a single piece of hitting advice that is not the wrong thing to do for some hitter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

LOL - you know, I wouldn't be surprised if at some level the analytics growth has made pitchers more attractive or comfortable for FOs to work on in the sense that there is so much data you can slice and dice about a pitcher. You can decide what you want and go for a guy whose pitches are exactly the ones you want. Hitters are a mystery by comparison. You can catalog what they do, but the kind of predictive data you can measure for a pitcher: velo, spin, break, accuracy, have no counterparts for determining whether a guy's pitch recognition and reaction capability will play against MLB pitching.

Everybody else is hoarding position players, so the Tigers are zigging while the others are zagging.  Ugh.  *Tinstaapp*

NSIAP: 

Tigers pitching prospect Beau Burrows has been shut down for the rest of the year with a left oblique strain

26 minutes ago, kdog said:

NSIAP: 

Tigers pitching prospect Beau Burrows has been shut down for the rest of the year with a left oblique strain

Only 74 IP for the season. Big disappointment there. But he is still only 23

The Astros refused to give up Bregman for Chris Sale in the winter of 2016, doubt they'd have given him up for Fulmer who was never close to Sales level.

And Bregman has come out publicly to say that never happened. 

• Like 1

Bregman had a year in the bigs and the batted ball metrics had him as better than his stat line. He wasn't just a prospect then.

Having said that, good chance Lloyd wrecks him.

1 hour ago, cruzer1 said:

I'd love to see an iso to see what his 1st step  was like, but those are damn nice catches for a future 1st baseman. :wink: