RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

5 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Yeah, I'd take Dixon - he's proven he can perform at MLB. And I guess there is even less risk to leaving Woodrow unprotected. I doubt a zero power RF is going to be high on anyone's shopping list.

I agree, that's a worthwhile risk.  If he gets claimed, big deal.

Woodrow is in no way, shape, or form the type of guy you worry about protecting. He's not really even a prospect.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Candelario probably factors into both 1B and 3B.

I think Candelario's future is at a crossroads. He has to make changes to his approach as a LHB. Maybe something drastic like giving up SW if the that's the side the wrist is worse on.  For his career he been better as RH hitter.

4 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I think Candelario's future is at a crossroads. He has to make changes to his approach as a LHB. Maybe something drastic like giving up SW if the that's the side the wrist is worse on.  For his career he been better as RH hitter.

I like Candelario but at this point he seems more like a tease than a legit long term MLB starter.

6 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Yeah, I've been wondering about this.

I think he probably has next season and that's it.  I think Lugo might be a better defender and his bat hasn't been much worse.

Whomever is at 3B is just going to be keeping it warm for Paredes, so Candelario vs Lugo probably doesn't matter much for the long term.

12 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Azocar has 10 jack bombs!!?  That is a surprise...

He's got sneaky power.

4 hours ago, Microline133 said:

Woodrow is in no way, shape, or form the type of guy you worry about protecting. He's not really even a prospect.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

He's got sneaky power.

Sneaky power that refuses to be ignored.

4 hours ago, Lei Pong said:

Azocar has 10 jack bombs!!?  That is a surprise...

Still won't walk though.

7 hours ago, Microline133 said:

You’ll change your tune the next time he goes on a fun run.

21 hours ago, Tigrrfan said:

To begin 2020 ..I might promote all of the Tigers top 30 prospects that are 23 years of age or older. 

Derek Hill, Jacob Robson, Donny Woodrow, Sergio Alcantara, Kody Clemens, Alex Faedo, Kyle Funkhouser, Anthony Castro, Bryan Garcia

In other words ..make room for these by letting go the oldest and/or biggest disappointments from this year.  Tyson Ross, Matt Moore, Jordan Zimmerman (Yes ..DFA him), Jose Cisnero, Ronny Rodriguez, Jordy Mercer, Brandon Dixon, Gordon Bechman, John Hicks...

I'm thinking along those lines... looked at the 40 to see who should be gone after this season (a couple could be brought back on minor league deals, but I'd rather let them walk and turn to the young, or young(er) guys), but my lists are slightly different than yours:

Time to give up on, or just let them walk: Victor Alcantara, Ryan Carpenter, Jose Cisnero, Blaine Hardy, Matt Moore, Tyson Ross, Dan Stumpf, pick one of Greiner or Hicks (the other has to go), Gordon Beckham, Jordy Mercer, Ron Rodriguez, Dustin Peterson.

That opens up 8 spots I believe. Two bubble guys are: Nick Ramirez (AA might need to keep a lefty; after the 40 drops he has: unproven Alexander & Hall & Soto, Boyd in the rotation, Norris as a swing guy (long/ starter/ etc...) and...? He probably will keep Ramirez. The other bubble guy is Zimm. I think AA should cut losses here. That would open up 9 spots. I would put on the new 40:

Jose Azocar, Beau Burrows, Daz Cameron, Anthony Castro, Kyle Funkhauser, Bryan Garcia, Derek Hill, Isaac Paredes, Fernando Perez.

29 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Fire Avila!  84 for GM!!

I love the team-building aspect!!!

Through 5 innings in Erie, #tigers prospect Casey Mize has 4.2IP plus one more out for a total of 5, giving up a double plus one other hit with 0 walks and 4 k outs. 

Great to see with all the diversity he's faced the last month+ and he's a real nice guy. 

• Like 1

His struggles have not been calamitous...so they have been more reassuring than vexing

• Like 1

Checking box scores as I do each night, I noticed Gorkys Hernandez playing center field for Pawtucket.  He's 31.  Didn't he get a 6 or 7 figure bonus from the Tigers as a teenager?  I hope he saved some of that money.

W Castro 1/3 HR BB for the Hen's tonight.

Wm generated all kinds of traffic on the bases - 11 hits and 5 walks, but scored only 3 and lost the game.

W Perez 2/4 BB. Greene 2/5, Packard 1/3 2BB, Lipcius 2/5

Quintana starting to right the ship at CT after being sent down from WM.

1 hour ago, kdog said:

Mize with a difficult sixth tonight. 2out double, walk, walk, rbi single, second potential run thrown out at the plate. Went out on a sour note.

I'm still slightly concerned with Mize cause it seems his velo is still down a couple miles per hour compared to what it was back in May pre injury.  Also it seems his command isn't as sharp as it was.   Still not overly concerned though cause this could just be a little hiccup but I think it's something to keep an eye out for.    

3 hours ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Mize with a difficult sixth tonight. 2out double, walk, walk, rbi single, second potential run thrown out at the plate. Went out on a sour note.

I have no idea if the K zone plots from minor league parks are actually accurate, but if they are, on the first walk Mize made 5 great pitches on the black and got only one from the ump. Would have been out of the inning no damage.

image.png.62319c257f995dcd0d04ea056df56323.png