RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

The White Sox have the worst three-letter abbreviations. CWS and CHA are just awful.

CHW FTW

I had a pet peeve once on the phrase "I know right".  Like suddenly everyone was using it... came out of nowhere.

I'm getting a similar vibe on "Same".... as in "Same" is replacing "I know right"... meaning "Yeah me too"

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

KCR is still the 4th worst run scoring team (playing in a ballpark that is neutral to positive for run scoring) and they are not that young. Merrifield is 30, Hamilton is 28, as noted Soler and Dozer are 27, Gordon is 35. They do not have a player under 27 yrs old carrying a 750 OPS. I'd take their current position line-up over the Tiger's but their pitching is a huge question mark. I don't see their future as all that exciting.

You could argue the Royals have the worst future outlook in the game. As you said they don't have any young players under 27 on the ML roster, they only have one top 100 prospect who is in rookie ball and 3+ years away, and it's not like their gonna be spending any money. 

18 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I had a pet peeve once on the phrase "I know right".  Like suddenly everyone was using it... came out of nowhere.

I'm getting a similar vibe on "Same".... as in "Same" is replacing "I know right"... meaning "Yeah me too"

This

55 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

You could argue the Royals have the worst future outlook in the game. As you said they don't have any young players under 27 on the ML roster, they only have one top 100 prospect who is in rookie ball and 3+ years away, and it's not like their gonna be spending any money. 

Mondesi is 24 and Singer is a top 100 prospect to go along with Witt. I agree their system is bad but Soler and Dozier might be legit. Soler at one point was a highly rated prospect. They'll get the #3 pick next draft, which is supposed to be deep.

3 minutes ago, leflore said:

Mondesi is 24 and Singer is a top 100 prospect to go along with Witt. I agree their system is bad but Soler and Dozier might be legit. Soler at one point was a highly rated prospect. They'll get the #3 pick next draft, which is supposed to be deep.

Yeah, Mondesi someone on big club they can build around. Dozier, Soler and Merrifield are all nice trade chips if they try to restock/go full rebuild.

16 hours ago, Buddha said:

I'd prefer it if Mize never struggled.  I don't see why him doing poorly is somehow a good thing.  I mean, it's just a thing I imagine most prospects go through, but I don't see why it's good that it's happening to him.

It's probably more health related than anything, not yet fully recovered from the injury.

1 hour ago, leflore said:

Mondesi has a career .282 OBP. His defense will always be valuable, but he's not a cornerstone you build around unless he can greatly improved as a hitter. 

In the most recent Tigstown podcast Mark talked about the very real possibility of the Tigers having to trade some of their pitchers 3-4 years down the road because the timeline might not matchup for when the Tigers system starts to produce position players. Soler and Dozier may be legit, but the Royals are terrible with them already and they are already 27 and using up service time. By the time they may actually start producing other players those guys will be 31+ and either be gone already or approaching free agency. They simply do not lineup with the Royals next contention timeline at all. The only value those guys provide to the Royals going forward is as trade pieces.

I'd like to see us get a couple of competent bats for next season.  3-4 years away?  What am I, the Hunchback of Notredamus?

4 hours ago, Oblong said:

it's all good.  

4 hours ago, Oblong said:

+1.

26 minutes ago, Casimir said:

+1.

"plus one period"

..cracked your code!