RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

2 minutes ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

If Manning is pitching next year like he's pitching now, he'll be up. Not sure with Mize.

They both absolutely will if they're performing. 

Just now, Yoda said:

They both absolutely will if they're performing. 

Oh sure. But part of the response involved how they would perform. Of course they'll both be up if they're performing well. Of course.

4 hours ago, Lei Pong said:

It's oddly reassuring to see Mize struggle occasionally at AA...let him get a handle on how you deal  with the speed bumps now

Agreed.

1 hour ago, cruzer1 said:

Next year's high school class will be good and deep.

Some people might find this creepy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Some people might find this creepy.

I'm into it. 

I'd prefer it if Mize never struggled.  I don't see why him doing poorly is somehow a good thing.  I mean, it's just a thing I imagine most prospects go through, but I don't see why it's good that it's happening to him.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Bryant Packard is gonna make you all forget about Steve Kemp.

I'm still grieving LeFlore for Schatzeder

8 hours ago, Buddha said:

I'd prefer it if Mize never struggled.  I don't see why him doing poorly is somehow a good thing.  I mean, it's just a thing I imagine most prospects go through, but I don't see why it's good that it's happening to him.

Because he eventually will struggle at the major league level...everyone does.  If he goes through that now when it doesn't matter, he'll be better prepared to handle it when it does matter.

1 minute ago, Lei Pong said:

Because he eventually will struggle at the major league level...everyone does.  If he goes through that now when it doesn't matter, he'll be better prepared to handle it when it does matter.

I know many who struggle often that still don't handle it well.

8 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Bryant Packard is gonna make you all forget about Steve Kemp.

11 hits 3HR 5BB in his last 7 games. Nice week's work.

1 hour ago, Lei Pong said:

im sure he struggled in college, how did he handle it then?

i dont agree with the line of reasoning that it is good he is struggling so he can learn how to handle it.  i think its normal that he is struggling because he is a young player, but that it provides no discernible benefit to him or the tigers.  it is better if he were not struggling at all.

Everybody read Anthony's story today? On my phone so I can link to it.

The basic premise was that KC is ahead of us in the rebuild and they are doing it the right way.

What it fails to mention that the two players he cites and loves to back up his claims, Soler and Dozier, are 27 year olds who were junk for the previous few years. So who knows if its sustainable or if they will be good when the other kc prospects arrive in three years.

Did he struggle in college?  

I'm old school...failure is the best teacher if you can apply the lessons it teaches you.  Maybe it teaches you that you suck and you should go sell shoes...maybe it teaches you that you can't just rear back and fire the ball by people.

The point is..there's lessons to be learned...learn them now.  This isn't Chutes and Ladders or CandyLand...life is tough, learn to deal...

6 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Did he struggle in college?  

I'm old school...failure is the best teacher if you can apply the lessons it teaches you.  Maybe it teaches you that you suck and you should go sell shoes...maybe it teaches you that you can't just rear back and fire the ball by people.

The point is..there's lessons to be learned...learn them now.  This isn't Chutes and Ladders or CandyLand...life is tough, learn to deal...

Chutes and ladders is damn tough. Everytime I move two spaces I got down one of them ******* chutes and have to retrace my progress 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Everybody read Anthony's story today? On my phone so I can link to it.

The basic premise was that KC is ahead of us in the rebuild and they are doing it the right way.

What it fails to mention that the two players he cites and loves to back up his claims, Soler and Dozier, are 27 year olds who were junk for the previous few years. So who knows if its sustainable or if they will be good when the other kc prospects arrive in three years.

Not to mention their farm system sucks.

1 minute ago, TigerNation said:

Not to mention their farm system sucks.

But hey they got singer and Witt and two 27 year olds who finally put it together.

Light years ahead of us

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

im sure he struggled in college, how did he handle it then?

i dont agree with the line of reasoning that it is good he is struggling so he can learn how to handle it.  i think its normal that he is struggling because he is a young player, but that it provides no discernible benefit to him or the tigers.  it is better if he were not struggling at all.

Yeah, I think struggling is overrated.  

Mondesi is only 24 and under control 5 more years. They have some nice young pieces imho. But I'd take Detroit's system outlook given Erie and Greene. 

KCR is still the 4th worst run scoring team (playing in a ballpark that is neutral to positive for run scoring) and they are not that young. Merrifield is 30, Hamilton is 28, as noted Soler and Dozer are 27, Gordon is 35. They do not have a player under 27 yrs old carrying a 750 OPS. I'd take their current position line-up over the Tiger's but their pitching is a huge question mark. I don't see their future as all that exciting.