RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

15 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

let Niko settle in at one position, maybe at 2B and I think he could stick.

It would be good to see him get a shot at a regular position, but it probably won't matter long term.  He'll be 30 in 2022.

Manning tonight. 6IP 4H 1R 0BB 10K. 86 pitches Erie up 4-1.

EDIT:

Adleman also with 10K (2 ER)  in 6.2 IP for the Hens tonight

• Like 2

Mize, Manning, Skubal, Jackson, and Boyd in the rotation with Faedo, Norris, and Funkhouser converted to late inning saviors?

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

Mize, Manning, Skubal, Jackson, and Boyd in the rotation with Faedo, Norris, and Funkhouser converted to late inning saviors?

Not Faedo.

He'll be the #6 in Toledo... waiting his turn.

I assume you're talking 2020. Because EJ won't be here in 2021, and Faedo will have that spot.

As for 2020, I don't see Jackson in the rotation. That would be Turnbull...

Err, let me amend that...

EJ might break camp with the Tigers to start 2020, Zimm too... but by May/ June, the likes of those guys start getting pushed out by Mize/ Manning/ Skubal. Skubal probably last on that list, and not until after trade deadline 2020...

Just my 2 cents...

Can anybody here explain the bizarre news out of the Tigers' GCL camp in Lakeland?  They have 2 teams in the league: GCL Tigers West and GCL Tigers East, and today they switched shortstops:  Kelvin Smith going to the Easties and Alvaro Gonzalez going to the Westies.  Here's what's strange:  they are each listed as 'rehabbing' with their new teams, but neither is, or has been, on the DL (you can call it IL if you want), and both have been playing regularly right up to the present.  Bizarre.

If someone does not explain this soon, I'm afraid I'm going to start abusing my cat.

26 minutes ago, gzbach said:

Can anybody here explain the bizarre news out of the Tigers' GCL camp in Lakeland?  They have 2 teams in the league: GCL Tigers West and GCL Tigers East, and today they switched shortstops:  Kelvin Smith going to the Easties and Alvaro Gonzalez going to the Westies.  Here's what's strange:  they are each listed as 'rehabbing' with their new teams, but neither is, or has been, on the DL (you can call it IL if you want), and both have been playing regularly right up to the present.  Bizarre.

If someone does not explain this soon, I'm afraid I'm going to start abusing my cat.

It's deep analytics.

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

if we really had that many good pitchers (and we wont because some will be aaaa guys and some will get injured) then you can at the very least trade them for bats.

We are already penning EJax into our future rotation after one start against a lousy team?  What is VerHagen, chopped liver?

I mean, I'd rather him than Zimmermann...but still.

35 minutes ago, TallBaby said:

We are already penning EJax into our future rotation after one start against a lousy team? 

We're a very optimistic bunch after this streak of relatively good play.

1 hour ago, Lei Pong said:

Even if he's an aaaa quality pitcher....in Emily's eyes, Funkhouser will be aaaamazing..

So will Mike Gerber. Any day now. 

With Lakeland, Elvin Rodriguez through 7IP: 2H 0R 0BB 5K 80(!) pitches - gave up a HR in the 8th then a double before being lifted.

Funkhouser gives up 2 in the 1st, gets through 2-3-4 but then gives up two more in the 5th and one in the 6th.

5IP, 9H 5R 3BB 2K 2HR. 92 Pitches 50 strikes.

Wentz for Erie: 5IP 4H 2R 0B 9K 1HR

50 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

With Lakeland, Elvin Rodriguez through 7IP: 2H 0R 0BB 5K 80(!) pitches - gave up a HR in the 8th then a double before being lifted.

Funkhouser gives up 2 in the 1st, gets through 2-3-4 but then gives up two more in the 5th and one in the 6th.

5IP, 9H 5R 3BB 2K 2HR. 92 Pitches 50 strikes.

Wentz for Erie: 5IP 4H 2R 0B 9K 1HR

Wentz with 21 swinging strikes, giving him back to back games with 20+ swinging strikes.

18 minutes ago, TigerNation said:

Wentz with 21 swinging strikes, giving him back to back games with 20+ swinging strikes.

Sounds like a Jeimer Candelario stat

11 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Err, let me amend that...

EJ might break camp with the Tigers to start 2020, Zimm too... but by May/ June, the likes of those guys start getting pushed out by Mize/ Manning/ Skubal. Skubal probably last on that list, and not until after trade deadline 2020...

Just my 2 cents...

Your sarcasm detector needs adjusted.

26 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Your sarcasm detector needs adjusted.

I don't think AA lets any of those three break ST with the team... they'll start at Toledo...

So aside from Turnbull & Boyd, we get flotsam and jetsam to start the season next year. No sarcasm required...

:wink:

22 minutes ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

I don't think AA lets any of those three break ST with the team... they'll start at Toledo...

Agree. I think Manning could be called up  in as little as a month or 6wks if he doesn't falter though. I'll be interested to see how they manage Mize's innings early in the season - whether they slow walk him early so he would be able to work in Sept without running over his cap.