RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

14 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

I've showered in 3 of the last 17 days.

Le troisieme etoile, the **** star ... Yvan Cournoyer. 2 minutes for smelling so bad.

5 minutes ago, Tim Mitchell said:

Manning, Mize, AND Skubal.

I might have to invest in some Mud Hen tickets next season.

Emily is reporting that Riley Greene is getting promoted to WM.  If thats true at this rate he may be in the majors by 2021.

I guess I hadn't noticed he's been playing CF exclusively.  I don't think there's anything to make of his stats so far.  But wasn't it assumed that he'd make it to the majors as a corner OF?

image.png.ede34c718e87b143d7efbe3d91b078bc.png

The great thing about Riley Greene is that he's Riley Greene and he's trying Super Hard to be Riley Greene

Don't look now, but the Connecticut Tigers, at 25-26, are but one win away from giving the Tigers three (count 'em, THREE!) teams in the 10-team Org at .500 or above.  The other two are the mighty Erie Seawolves (despite their shabby starting rotation) at 65-48, and the Gulf Coast West Tigers at 18-14.  

Henning has basically declared Nick Quintana a bust because Reynaldo Rivera is so terrible.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Emily is reporting that Riley Greene is getting promoted to WM.  If thats true at this rate he may be in the majors by 2021.

Kewl, though I'd have liked to see a little more XBH recently.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

The rebuild is on track!

44 minutes ago, gzbach said:

Don't look now, but the Connecticut Tigers, at 25-26, are but one win away from giving the Tigers three (count 'em, THREE!) teams in the 10-team Org at .500 or above.  The other two are the mighty Erie Seawolves (despite their shabby starting rotation) at 65-48, and the Gulf Coast West Tigers at 18-14.  

More evidence the rebuild is on track!

26 minutes ago, kdog said:

Henning has basically declared Nick Quintana a bust because Reynaldo Rivera is so terrible.

Fire Avila!

Just now, LooseGoose said:

More evidence the rebuild is on track!

The GCL and DSL guys looking good too. A couple good players on each of these teams. Besides Greene, Elizier Alfonzo might be a player. Adinso Reyes is a player.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

I guess I hadn't noticed he's been playing CF exclusively.  I don't think there's anything to make of his stats so far.  But wasn't it assumed that he'd make it to the majors as a corner OF?

image.png.ede34c718e87b143d7efbe3d91b078bc.png

The expectation was that he would end up in a corner, but they said after he was drafted they would start him in center and see how he does. 

Plus it makes sense to give positional players you think will / are likely to make the show as many quality chances in the field during their development provided they aren't out of their depth (i.e. CF for a OF, SS for a mid-inf).  You can always move them to a less demanding position later.

It's analogous to using a guy as a starter at low levels that you think projects to be a reliever long term.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Plus it makes sense to give the OF you think will / are likely to make the show as many quality chances in the field during their development provided they aren't out of their depth.  You can always move them to a corner later.

It's analogous to using a guy as a starter at low levels that you think projects to be a reliever long term.

yeah - chances are the thing..

25 minutes ago, Shelton said:

The expectation was that he would end up in a corner, but they said after he was drafted they would start him in center and see how he does. 

I missed the latter part of that.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Plus it makes sense to give positional players you think will / are likely to make the show as many quality chances in the field during their development provided they aren't out of their depth (i.e. CF for a OF, SS for a mid-inf).  You can always move them to a less demanding position later.

Sure, I think that's a fine idea.  It makes sense.  Especially considering the space in Detroit.  Even if he doesn't end up in a CF role, if this helps him with his range in a corner, its well worth it.

53 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Kewl, though I'd have liked to see a little more XBH recently.

Part of that is Ny-penn... all the pitchers are out of college and on pitch counts so you never see a guy for more than a few innings.

His ops was among the top 15 in the league.

32 minutes ago, kdog said:

Riley Greene's potential can't be cornered \Emily.

I’m just so happy for Riley!!!

I was glancing at Skubal's numerals and noticed that he is barely above 5 IP/GS.  Is this something to be concerned about, or could it be part of the plan to gradually increase his workload as he gets older / stronger?  I guess I hadn't considered IP/GS for SP prospects until I noticed that.