RatkoVarda

2019 Tiger Prospects

31 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

There is some pearl-clutching going on here.

Don't give us that jibe.

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I think Yoda was wrong... She said on Effectively Wild she didn't start following the Minor Leagues until she started covering it for BYB

She may have started then but she didn't realize this is what she wanted to do until following the Verlander saga two years ago last week. #tradedeadline

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

She may have started then but she didn't realize this is what she wanted to do until following the Verlander saga two years ago last week. #tradedeadline

Before her, no one was covering the minor leagues. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Emily will not be denied adding more followers

She refuses to be ignored.  She has added new followers on 7 of the last 9 days.  

4 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Before her, no one was covering the minor leagues. 

Before her there were no minor leagues.

4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

She refuses to be ignored.  She has added new followers on 7 of the last 9 days.  

I would like to add 7 of 9.

Voyager-jeri-ryan-seven-of-nine-600x300.

5 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

LOL-  truly one of the more ridiculous characters in the history of Television.  

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Truly one of the more irresistible characters in the history of Television.  

FTFY...

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

Fangraphs has the tigers farm ranked 11th. But they also still have skubal inexplicably ranked 18th with a 40 FV. 

Pipeline isn’t my preference either, but that’s mostly because they seem to inflate FVs across the board. But from a relative ranking standpoint, I don’t think they are any more trash than other national prospect coverage sites. 

The bolded portion is 100% correct, in my opinion. When I updated TigsTown's rankings for the mid-season, I only had 6-7 players in the Top 20 that I could reasonably project to 50 OFP/FV. Maybe that's changed with the addition of someone like Wentz, but not appreciably enough to get to the type of 50 OFP/FV types that Pipeline is suggesting.

1 minute ago, Microline133 said:

When I updated TigsTown's rankings for the mid-season, I only had 6-7 players in the Top 20 that I could reasonably project to 50 OFP/FV. 

Did you interview Emily as part of your research?

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

The person Yoda thought was her is some old lady. 

Emily is an old lady. Filters have come a long way.

She's wise beyond her years....such is the vastlyness of her knowledge

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

I'm not making a political statement but one could make the argument she's the reason we had President Obama.  Her ex husband was running for the senate seat he won in 2004 and he had to bail out of the race when some ugly stuff came out in their divorce proceedings involving her unwillingness to go to a sex club in Europe.

Of course Obama probably would have won that seat anyway but who knows... history could have turned on a C list actress's puritanical ways.

Yeah I'm not sure what made me think that was the same Emily but I'll take yall's word that it's not her. I've been blocked for over a year probably for calling out her nonsense. Glad I'm not the only one who sees it. 

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

I'm not making a political statement but one could make the argument she's the reason we had President Obama.  Her ex husband was running for the senate seat he won in 2004 and he had to bail out of the race when some ugly stuff came out in their divorce proceedings involving her unwillingness to go to a sex club in Europe.

Of course Obama probably would have won that seat anyway but who knows... history could have turned on a C list actress's puritanical ways.

What a *****!

10 minutes ago, Yoda said:

What a *****!

Her or the ex husband? :)

5 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

still trying to figure out how Kreidler went before Packard.

Because Kreidler can defend at a premium position and has some offensive potential. Packard is very limited defensively, and based on my limited look in Connecticut this year, I'm not sure the swing is going to play against high-velo arms and the sequencing he'll face at higher levels. I'm pretty skeptical of Packard at this early stage.

21 minutes ago, Microline133 said:

Because Kreidler can defend at a premium position and has some offensive potential. Packard is very limited defensively, and based on my limited look in Connecticut this year, I'm not sure the swing is going to play against high-velo arms and the sequencing he'll face at higher levels. I'm pretty skeptical of Packard at this early stage.

That makes sense - and Avila does love him some middle infielders :silly:.  Kreidler is hitting a little - though he's forgotten how to walk the last couple of weeks.

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

Yay for Michelle, she's always up for going to sex clubs in Europe, Asia, Ottawa, whereever.

2 hours ago, Yoda said:

Yeah I'm not sure what made me think that was the same Emily but I'll take yall's word that it's not her. I've been blocked for over a year probably for calling out her nonsense. Glad I'm not the only one who sees it. 

Being blocked a couple months ago is so liberating. I had just unfollowed to get her bs out of my timeline. This thread is awesome

59 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Being blocked a couple months ago is so liberating. I had just unfollowed to get her bs out of my timeline. This thread is awesome

I don’t really engage with anyone on Twitter, so I haven’t had the pleasure of being blocked. I don’t follow her though. I can’t take it. But when I’m in the right frame of mind I will go to her timeline to find something ridiculous to bring here