Keepleyland2

3/28 @3:37 Detroit Tigers at Toronto Blue Jays (Opening Day)

5 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Spend more time neatening those bookshelves and less time complaining about delays?

It’s a working bookshelf.  It’s my version of a workbench in a garage. It gets used. 

1 minute ago, IdahoBert said:

It’s one of those ice cream cup caps.  I don’t wear caps anymore.  They result in bad hair days. 

might need some head grease to get that to fit

It’s one of those ice cream cup caps.  I don’t wear caps anymore.  They result in bad hair days. 

🙂

I have bookcase envy btw.

• Like 1

Harrison, the guy I understand who has almost never been able to walk leads off with the walk. 

This Toronto roster looks pretty dismal and they play in the AL East.  Why again are they predicted to be better than the Tigers?

It’s a working bookshelf.  It’s my version of a workbench in a garage. It gets used. 

Those are the best kind.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue Square Thing said:

🙂

I have bookcase envy btw.

That’s just a third of them.  I’ve never been much of a consumer and this is where I express that desire. I even read them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hongbit said:

Odds on Miggy getting hurt 1st AB?

either that or a double play.

• Like 1

Well that didn't work out as I'd hoped.

Miggy GiDP.

0-0 after the top of the 1st.

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

This Toronto roster looks pretty dismal and they play in the AL East.  Why again are they predicted to be better than the Tigers?

Because the Tigers' roster looks much  more dismal.

3 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

That’s just a third of them.  I’ve never been much of a consumer and this is where I express that desire. I even read them. 

The wood looks lovely - we mainly have Scandinavian ones and about half of the shelfage has cook books on them.

We need a bookcase thread...

1 minute ago, Blue Square Thing said:

The wood looks lovely - we mainly have Scandinavian ones and about half of the shelfage has cook books on them.

mine are built ins.  I wish I could afford rich, lustrous, hardwoods.  Sadly these are MDF painted over.  

3 minutes ago, Blue Square Thing said:

Point me at it... I'm ready to show off our 8-9 cases (just Scandinavian variety, though).  We've read ~40% -- slowly working on that.

And hey, scoreless first!

I remember when Dmitri hit three homers on opening day in 2005. That was pretty much the high point of the season. 

3 minutes ago, Blue Square Thing said:

I had 10 of them built in 1987 and they’re solid.  Books have come and gone but those bookshelves have stayed sturdy and usable. 

1 minute ago, ROMAD1 said:

mine are built ins.  I wish I could afford rich, lustrous, hardwoods.  Sadly these are MDF painted over.  

I have re-purposed grocery store gondola shelves.   Very utilitarian and unattractive.   Bert would be able to double down and giving me a hard time about messiness if he saw them.

Just now, LooseGoose said:

I have re-purposed grocery store gondola shelves.   Very utilitarian and unattractive.   Bert would be able to double down and giving me a hard time about messiness if he saw them.

The day mine were installed my wife and I were stricken by food poisoning.  The racket of construction downstairs as we suffered upstairs with the effects was most unwelcome.   The guy running the project called up to me asking to take a look.  I come down and he says: "how are we doing (meaning how did I like the work)? "  I respond:  "I wish I was dead"

• Haha 1

The Tigers' ability to erase their baserunners is already in midseason form.  Must have really focused on it in Spring Training.