Keepleyland2

3/28 @3:37 Detroit Tigers at Toronto Blue Jays (Opening Day)

7 straight road games to start the year. I'll be ok with 2 or 3 wins.

18 minutes ago, kdog said:

7 straight road games to start the year. I'll be ok with 2 or 3 wins.

Zero wins please, but with everyone playing well. 

So, my 11 year old was wandering by when I was watching the last spring training game and Josh Harrison was up.  She stopped dead in her tracks and looked at the TV and then asked "Hey, didn't he play with Pittsburgh when we went to that game there?  When he won the game on the infield home run?"  Sure enough, she was sort of right.  We were at this game and the Pirates won it in the bottom of the 9th.  It wasn't an infield home run, nor an inside the park home run which is what she was thinking of, but:

image.thumb.png.f25ab8a2dfa47dde3fc3f14578c2fb98.png

Jameson Taillon took a shot off of the head from a line drive a la Doug Fister early in the game.  The ball landed out in short left field after the ricochet.  He sat on the ground for what seemed like about 10 minutes and then went back to pitching.  He went on to toss 6 innings.

Anyway, if the kid can remember useless nuggets of info like this, there might be hope for her after all.

• Like 3

I drafted Stroman with the very last pick in my fantasy draft with little expectations.  I expect ill remember when he dazzled the Tigers on Opening Day with 6 scoreless when I’m cutting him in early June with a 5.73 ERA. 

• Haha 1

I'll watch this video after every 5 game losing streak to keep me going:

It'll happen again.  There will be big time moments for this club.  Soon.  Don't let the worry-farts "let's lose as much as possible, don't care about this season" crowd get you down.  They lead miserable lives with very few friends and too much anime. 

Go Tigers. May we again march to the world series.

26 minutes ago, thefunk said:

It'll happen again.  There will be big time moments for this club.  Soon.  Don't let the worry-farts "let's lose as much as possible, don't care about this season" crowd get you down.  They lead miserable lives with very few friends and too much anime. 

Go Tigers. May we again march to the world series.

Go team go!!!

The Tigers sent me a box with my club passes, ride vouchers, a commemorative 84 WS ticket for game 5, and.... a charging brick.  That's for having to use up my battery on my phone to show them my tickets now.  

Nice touch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Oblong said:

The Tigers sent me a box with my club passes, ride vouchers, a commemorative 84 WS ticket for game 5, and.... a charging brick.  That's for having to use up my battery on my phone to show them my tickets now.  

Nice touch.

That is cool. They need a lot of customer outreach to get the diehards through the next few years.

1 hour ago, kdog said:

Still gives me goose pimples.  Gosh, 2006 was so damn amazing, regardless of the ending.

Im going to the game.  I have no idea whos pitching or whos starting but I'm super pumped to watch baseball live!

9 hours ago, kdog said:

I was there.  Most thrilling live sporting event ever for me. (And I’ve been to a WNBA game)

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

nice

Crushed.  Taking a half day at work and will be grilling dogs for the first time this year per tradition.  A few beers may be in order.

10 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Crushed.  Taking a half day at work and will be grilling dogs for the first time this year per tradition.  A few beers may be in order.

Now we’re talking! Projecting 65 and sunny here at game time. Sitting out on the terrace with a few beverages should work.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Now we’re talking! Projecting 65 and sunny here at game time. Sitting out on the terrace with a few beverages should work.

Overcast and rain here currently, but no biggie.  The grill is right outside on the patio next to the family room and we will be inside watching baseball all day anyway.

Enjoy the day man.  It only comes once a year!