Keepleyland2

3/24 @1:05 Toronto Blue Jays vs Detroit Tigers

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Cameron's grand slam is a perfect example of why he needs seasoning in Toledo. What a total rally killer...jeez.

And yes, I jest.

So I just watched the Cameron homer, Dear Shep. Please don't ever call it a grand slam home run again. It's redundant. It's like saying a run scoring RBI.

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

So I just watched the Cameron homer, Dear Shep. Please don't ever call it a grand slam home run again. It's redundant. It's like saying a run scoring RBI.

Kinda redundant but not officially.

I am SO looking forward to a season with no Mario and no Victor.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chili Mac Davis said:

Kinda redundant but not officially.

Kinda?

You mean like the Grand Slam single or the Grand Slam out. All Grand Slams are home runs its redundant. 

21 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Kinda?

You mean like the Grand Slam single or the Grand Slam out. All Grand Slams are home runs its redundant. 

It is however true that there are Grand Slams in non-baseball endeavors, such as Bridge, tennis; so the redundancy is context dependent. Granted that at a baseball game, it's pretty redundant, but away from the game, if I didn't know who Daz was, I might not know what kind of GS he achieved.

35 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It is however true that there are Grand Slams in non-baseball endeavors, such as Bridge, tennis; so the redundancy is context dependent. Granted that at a baseball game, it's pretty redundant, but away from the game, if I didn't know who Daz was, I might not know what kind of GS he achieved.

Pretty sure if the guy is calling a baseball game's play-by-play, he's not announcing a great deal at Denny's.

2 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Kinda?

Gotta differentiate the grand slam home run from the grand slam breakfast.

Edit:  Dam’mit, the Denny’s comment was made an hour ago further down the page from where I was reading.

• Like 1

God I hope Miggy stays healthy this year, seeing him turn back the clock and have a huge year would make following them so much more enjoyable this season. 

13 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Kinda?

Helping stamp out and abolish redundancy - starting on MTS.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

God I hope Miggy stays healthy this year, seeing him turn back the clock and have a huge year would make following them so much more enjoyable this season. 

He better not be too good. If he wins another Triple Crown he will be redundant.

7 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

Helping stamp out and abolish redundancy - starting on MTS.

It will never happen until we start to plan ahead.

On 3/24/2019 at 11:56 PM, RandyMarsh said:

This year? How about the next few years of that huge contract? A healthy and productive Cabrera may be the difference between being total bottom feeders this season to a team that struggles to reach .500.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:41 AM, Gehringer_2 said:

He better not be too good. If he wins another Triple Crown he will be redundant.

No, if he won a third triple crown he would be a triple triple crown winner. Lol

Saying Grand Slam Home Run just makes it more dramatic. And I'm pretty sure Shep isn't the first announcer to use that phrase. I sure hope he gets to say that 10 times FOR the Tigers this season.

Jack Morris is totally wrong, imo.

I would rather have a hitter use a 9 pitch at-bat and strikeout than hit a first pitch pop-up. Or hit into a first pitch double play.