IdahoBert

2019 REGULAR SEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

3 minutes ago, kdog said:

777fce89-eef7-4dc8-9d65-c1a903c53127.jpg

55-107

Hey, any time you can win 15 more games than the previous season is a good season, right?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

Mercer is batting .315/.342/.548 with 5 home runs in his last 20 games.  Why would you bench him now?  

Because we arent worries about winning and he wont be on the team next year

What is it with the Yankees? First Voit becomes Roger Maris. Now Urshela becomes a star. In 500 career at bats his ops was sub .600. This year in NY in 340 at-bats he is hitting .320 with 18 HR and an ops of .940. What gives? How? What's is their water? 

21 minutes ago, leflore said:

What is it with the Yankees? First Voit becomes Roger Maris. Now Urshela becomes a star. In 500 career at bats his ops was sub .600. This year in NY in 340 at-bats he is hitting .320 with 18 HR and an ops of .940. What gives? How? What's is their water? 

The same thing that causes them to ruin pitchers?

at Seattle

at San Franciscco.

vs Montreal Bay

vs Seattle

at Arizona

at Oakland

at Chicago

If they can survive that gauntlet of traversing back and forth through time zones, I think they'll be able to play all of the 162 games on the schedule. 

Holy Jeebus, .... two individual trips to Los Angeles.  Both of the 3 game series are in between EDT & CDT series.  That seems a bit rough on the body clock.

The worst part of the schedule release is the confirmation that the Detroit tigers baseball club will be playing in 2020.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, leflore said:

Steroids.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shelton said:

The worst part of the schedule release is the confirmation that the Detroit tigers baseball club will be playing in 2020.

Loss.

17 minutes ago, Shelton said:

They've not been relegated to AAA. 

4 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

I see 100 wins there.

you can't combine 2019 and 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Freddy Glavis claimed by the reds. We should have grabbed him and had shortstop filled for next season as well. He might have been good for even longer. We have zip in the system at shortstop.

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

The schedule release is another thing I looked forward to each year.  It's now another thing I don't care about.  When you lose over 100 games, it doesn't matter who you play or when you play them.  

5 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Dixon and Goodrum are  two whose bats have improved over the course of the season, indicating that MLB pitchers have had less success exploiting their weaknesses. Dixon's OPS rose from 740 in the 1st half to 827 in the second  - albeit with some BaBIP luck. If he keeps it up he might be one bat that can be a useful regular player. Goodrum is more or less already penciled in as their main utility guy and his bat has been good enough for that. With Rogers and maybe Jones,  that leaves 'only' 2B, SS, 3B, LF, RF spots to fill - ;)

Not only that but we don't have Leadoff  , cleanup or Power in the lineup either. 

6 minutes ago, socaltiger said:

Freddy Glavis claimed by the reds. We should have grabbed him and had shortstop filled for next season as well. He might have been good for even longer. We have zip in the system at shortstop.

He has more WAR than any Tigers position player this year.  He is even better than Mercer.  

28 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

He has more WAR than any Tigers position player this year.  He is even better than Mercer.  

That's unpossible.

4 hours ago, Walewander said:

Hey, any time you can win 15 more games than the previous season is a good season, right?

C9B1EF59-E871-4E8E-91D3-BD1FF572406C.jpeg.4902fba0d1cd299779a502f05d1206bb.jpeg

• Like 1

9 of the last 12 games on the road.... they better have the division well in hand before that or we could see a 2009 "collapse" again.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

The schedule release is another thing I looked forward to each year.  It's now another thing I don't care about.  When you lose over 100 games, it doesn't matter who you play or when you play them.  

I still find pleasure in MCS ranting about the among of March/April games the Tigers will play in outdoor stadiums of the Midwest and Northeast.

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I still find pleasure in MCS ranting 

You could have just stopped there.

4 hours ago, Oblong said:

9 of the last 12 games on the road.... they better have the division well in hand before that or we could see a 2009 "collapse" again.

Everyone knows the Tigers historically fade in September.

The MLB season will open a cold, cruel mess. March 20-whatever? That is ludicrous. I hate this new Commissioner and everything he has done. A hole.

Every game in March/April is played in a potentially cold weather environment.  Our Mexicans are going to be in for a rough start.