IdahoBert

2019 REGULAR SEASON DISCUSSION THREAD

3 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Pitchers today are sissies.  I once threw about 200 pitches in a Little League game.  I came into the game with my team down 7-0 with zero outs in the first inning.  I proceeded to lead my team to a 23-16 victory.  There were lots of walks because the umpire was terrible.  My arm became so tired, I started throwing sidearm.  I pitched again two days later.

How did you remember your pitch count? Did you inscribe the number of pitches for each inning on your arm in ink sort of like in  Momento? 

4 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

How did you remember your pitch count? Did you inscribe the number of pitches for each inning on your arm in ink sort of like in  Momento? 

leylandcastaway.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Candelario to Toledo.  I was not expecting that.    

17 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Candelario to Toledo.  I was not expecting that.    

Agree it's surprising but his body language wasn't good tonight.   I like the kid, I hope this lets him clear his head and come back strong.  

On 5/13/2019 at 11:49 AM, Tenacious D said:

The trade looks better when you see Adames struggle in TB, since we basically gave him up to get Price.  If Smyly had been able to stay healthy, it might have a different outlook.  Basically, ended up being Willy Adames, Drew Smyly and Austin Jackson for Daniel Norris and Matt Boyd.  Not too shabby right now.

Poor Lynn Henning will be most crushed, he flogged the Adames deal multiple times as a big mistake

Just logged onto my FB and my "memory" from 4 years ago was congratulating Cabrera on homer number 400.  I said in no time I will be congratulating him on 500.    Four years later and he's still 34 home runs away from that number.  

The Tigers are going from hovering around .500 to dumpster fire pretty quickly.

Oh boy. Ross might have season ending nerve issue. JZ's elbow still hurting. Burrows and Funk still out. That's 4 of 5 expected rotation out, and 6 of top 9.

4 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Oh boy. Ross might have season ending nerve issue. JZ's elbow still hurting. Burrows and Funk still out. That's 4 of 5 expected rotation out, and 6 of top 9.

It's quickly getting to the point where the most we can hope is that this becomes a '96 Spurs season for the Tigers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

Just put a T on the plate for the opposition.

5 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Bring back Chris Spurling and Jeremy Bondermam

WOTS is that JB has been working on a change.

• Haha 1

How about bringing back this guy?

• Like 1

It's funny.  Even with all the injuries, the Tigers starting pitching - Boyd, Turnbull, Norris - is really the only thing working for them in terms of the re-build at the major league level.  I am assuming Greene gets traded.  

With D-Train being a lefty, I bet he gets at least one call for even saying that. 

4 hours ago, tiger337 said:

It's funny.  Even with all the injuries, the Tigers starting pitching - Boyd, Turnbull, Norris - is really the only thing working for them in terms of the re-build at the major league level.  I am assuming Greene gets traded.  

Honestly, I expected nothing from Zimmermann or Ross and had been skeptical that Fulmer was going to throw winning baseball anyway, though I did think he would take  innings. So those loses don't feel bad to me. Moore I did have hope for because he was a high potential guy even if his probability was low so he is a loss since he was showing ability to get guys out. My most optimistic take was Norris, Boyd and Moore would pitch well. Beyond expectations, Turnbull has come out of the blue to be the third guy so far. The problem at the back of the rotation now is not that they are going to be bad, there were going to be anyway - it's that are practically out of warm bodies to pitch the innings!

Miguel Cabrera Triple Crown Watch:

Among American League Qualifiers,  Miggy is:

29th in Batting Average;

tied for 147th in Home Runs; and

tied for 82nd in RBIs.

He's going to have to pick up the pace.

• Haha 2

So how many people thought that at this point in the season Castellanos would be only -1 Rdrs but would have the 22nd  worst wOBA among qualifying RFs?

25 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

So how many people thought that at this point in the season Castellanos would be only -1 Rdrs but would have the 22nd  worst wOBA among qualifying RFs?

Not me. I expected worse defense to go along with his poor hitting. 

Should have nontendered. 

10 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Not me. I expected worse defense to go along with his poor hitting. 

Should have nontendered. 

Nick is going to be lucky if anyone higher up the ladder than the janitor's assistant will  take his calls at Boras' office.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Nick is going to be lucky if anyone higher up the ladder than the janitor's assistant will  take his calls at Boras' office.

Boras can spin it that Castellanos is better than future first-ballot Hall of Famer Miguel Cabrera.

5 hours ago, chasfh said:

How about bringing back this guy?

Dontrelle was an alright guy. Kind of cruel that fate gave him that taste of success and then hid it away from him like that. It one thing to blow out your arm or something, but to just have it disappear and no-one can tell you why....