Keepleyland2

3/22 @6:05 Detroit Tigers at Atlanta Braves

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

TO: DEAR MR. IDAHOBERT:

SECRET REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE-STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Prince Oana of the Secret Kingdom of Hawaii that has never come under the control of the United States and does not recognize its authority. I am the cousin of Hawaiian Astronaut, Air Force Major Barrack Oana. He was the first Secret Hawaiian in space when he made a secret flight to the Salyut 6 space station in 1979. He was on a later secret Soviet spaceflight, Soyuz T-16Z to the secret Soviet military space station Salyut 8T in 1989. He was stranded there in 1990 when the Soviet Union was dissolved. His other Soviet crew members returned to earth on the Soyuz T-16Z, but his place was taken up by return cargo. There have been occasional secret Progrez supply flights to keep him going since that time and he is in good spirits regardless of weight loss but it is no secret that he wants to go home. 

In the 29-years since he has been on the station, he has accumulated flight pay and interest amounting to almost $15,000,000 American Dollars. This is held in a trust at the Secret Kingdom of Hawaii National Savings and Loan Association. If we can obtain access to this money, we can place a down payment with the Russian Space Authorities for a secret Soyuz return flight to bring him back to Earth. I am told this will cost $3,000,000 American Dollars. In order to access this trust fund we need your assistance.

What a coincidence that I found this in my junk email inbox just today.  The chances of this happening are so unlikely that it must be true. 

4 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

What a coincidence that I found this in my junk email inbox just today.  The chances of this happening are so unlikely that it must be true. 

It's a good deal, all they need is some of your letterhead and some banking information.  I'd be all over that.

4 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Coincidence nothing!!  They have been watching you through your  computer just waiting for the right moment!

Hey, this game thread is for self-pitying proclamations of how bored we are, not how much fun this team can be! 

5 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Hey, this game thread is for self-pitying proclamations of how bored we are, not how much fun this team can be! 

Iowa won, I'm in a good mood

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Iowa won, I'm in a good mood

I lived in Tucson for 13 years, which means I’m a University of Arizona fan, which means that I have no skin in the tournament this year. I’m glad you have something to keep you going. 

C. Stewart shows off his base running chops. Braves out of 1st and 3rd one out jam on a Mahtook line drive to 1st.

2 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Throwing error by Greiner on a pick off at first, allow a run to score 2-1

I feel bad now for putting pressure on him in the predictions thread.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

C. Stewart shows off his base running chops. Braves out of 1st and 3rd one out jam on a Mahtook line drive to 1st.

He brushed up on those skillz with Ian Kinsler this offseason.

If it weren’t for the starting pitching and the ability to consistently score runs I’d be a lot more optimistic at this point. But I’m here. 

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

If it weren’t for the starting pitching and the ability to consistently score runs I’d be a lot more optimistic at this point. But I’m here. 

So you're saying defense is our strength?

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

Harrison, Niko, Cabrera, Castellanos, Stewart are probably a better block of consecutive hitters than they were able to send up last year after Miguel went down. Of course Castellanos could be gone at any time. Still a couple more hitters away from average. 

• Like 1