Keepleyland2

3/15 @1:05 Detroit Tigers at Tampa Rays

Wow, that is definitely the Sports Illustrated curse. He got three at bats and never played again. There was some fellow named Norm Cash anchoring down first base and standing in his way.  Also his father died and he felt obligated to run the family turkey farm. That link you provided is great @Tigrrfan  Thanks!

03AFEA86-C59E-4AA6-9D9B-A45E6488B9DD.thumb.jpeg.db42686d01fcc8c22818f39d8fc4b272.jpeg

Pepper was out of baseball at the age of 25. 

Baseball reference doesn't list any similarity scores.  There truly was no one else like Don Pepper.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Its a damn good thing that this is being televised.  I might have to feign some disease to get out of work this afternoon.

6 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Its a damn good thing that this is being televised.  I might have to feign some disease to get out of work this afternoon.

Well, it is St. Patrick's Day after all. The regulars are out dancing Irish jigs!

1 hour ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Well, it is St. Patrick's Day after all. The regulars are out dancing Irish jigs!

I hope O'Cabrera has a designated driver.

This spring training feels like it’s lasted a year for some reason.  This game is going to be in Port Charlotte, Florida at the Rays’ training facility an hour and a half south of Tampa, but the Tigers’ last exhibition game will be at Tropicana Field. Haven’t they played their last exhibition game for ST at Tropicana several times?  It feels like they do this every year just as this spring training feels like it’s lasted an entire year. 

The day that the rivalry began.

Justincredible Thompson twirled a solid game and the bottom of the lineup mashed as every starter in the lineup had a hit.

But in true Randy Smith era form, the Tigers lost that series as well as the season series on the way to another losing year.

18 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Time to start speculating whether Niko is for real.

No need to speculate. He’s for real. 

9 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Not one post during the game. I think everyone’s tired of spring training. I am. 

Watching the B1GTen tourney today.

4 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Watching the B1GTen tourney today.

That and nervously scouring other new season sources to see if Avila wins the Ackley sweepstakes.

1 hour ago, thefunk said:

Turnbull gonna make this team.

Could be. I just watched his innings - he would have given up nothing with Harrison and Mercer in place up the middle. The flip side is that if they think Rodriquez can fill in at SS with any level of positive value, they are mistaken.  Nice bat - glove might be useful as  a DH.

14 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Could be. I just watched his innings - he would have given up nothing with Harrison and Mercer in place up the middle. The flip side is that if they think Rodriquez can fill in at SS with any level of positive value, they are mistaken.  Nice bat - glove might be useful as  a DH.

Yeah but he raps