Keepleyland2

3/14 @ 1:05 Boston Red Sox vs Detroit Tigers

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

Paging @Gehringer_2 for a statement of concern.

LOL.

No, I was still thinking about the 3 batter rule and the howl that will go up the first time the Yankees lose a big game that a pitching change might have headed off. 

The Fulmer thing is odd though - do they just mean pull him from the rotation as opposed to actually shutting him down? How you work on refining mechanics if you aren't pitching?

EDIT - I see 1776 has asked the same question..

39 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Thanks. Yeah, she’s a tough follow. I had to pull the plug a couple months back. 

I'm one who isn't afraid to call a spade a spade there, and I am pretty sure the whole BYB entourage hates me for it. NBD.

33 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I didn't like when a couple weeks ago Emily set up a go fund me account cause she needed a new laptop.  Idk that just seemed unprofessional to me. 

Yeah that's not a good look.

reading over Beck's article, it looks like 'shutdown' means he's not going to pitch competitively but will continue working to find a new delivery - so not a  "don't-pick-up-a-ball' shutdown, as is often meant when that word is used. 

Why do the Tigers need to be so clandestine about Fullmer ? What is the reason for the cryptic statement ? Is it so bad to let fans know what's going on or are the disguising a bigger issue to his keep trade value up ?

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I'm one who isn't afraid to call a spade a spade there, and I am pretty sure the whole BYB entourage hates me for it. NBD.

That’s a badge of honor if that crew dislikes you. 

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I didn't like when a couple weeks ago Emily set up a go fund me account cause she needed a new laptop.  Idk that just seemed unprofessional to me. 

See, this is the stuff I miss by not following anymore. 

Just to be clear, this is true?

Just now, Shelton said:

See, this is the stuff I miss by not following anymore. 

Just to be clear, this is true?

It's true. I stayed silent on that one but was ready to call it out. Glad somebody brought it up here...

GoFundMe is to help with medical bills, imo.

A while back I made a cryptic reference to her and I said something about "people I see on twitter" and Shelton said we must follow different people.  I forgot what I said but it was her I was referring to.

I think it's dirty old men pandering.

I admire someone willing to try to make a living like that.... it takes guts.  

I'm also put off by the "I'm a girl in a man's business" victimization but then the constant attention paid to her shoes, etc....  Either you are Jackie MacMullin or Carrie Bradshaw... can't be both.

I find it useful but it can be distracting if you aren't careful.

31 minutes ago, Oblong said:

A while back I made a cryptic reference to her and I said something about "people I see on twitter" and Shelton said we must follow different people.  I forgot what I said but it was her I was referring to.

I'm also put off by the "I'm a girl in a man's business" victimization but then the constant attention paid to her shoes, etc....  Either you are Jackie MacMullin or Carrie Bradshaw... can't be both.

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I have never been on Twitter and can't decide if that is a good thing or not.

Same here, and it's a good thing.

32 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Same here, and it's a good thing.

I was on it for a year and left.   Great for breaking info but overall it's a cesspool of stupid.  Think internet hot takes on overload.

9 hours ago, Oblong said:

And her fanboys play that card often. Great female reporters like, for example, a Susan Slusser or in our local market, a Katie Strang, don't have to have that card played, and don't have to retweet all the praise they get.

11 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Her arguments about minor leaguers salaries are not very solid, either.

It is all a ploy to gain access, end of story.

The quote about the player who said he was going to have to quit because he couldn't afford to play if he didn't play well this year had me crying a river. Tough ****. I would have had to drop out of college if I couldn't maintain a 3.5. Everybody has to sacrifice to make it big.

Minor leaguers are underpaid, and it is BS, but the sob stories are not unique.

I'm glad I have a place to vent about this. Not safe to do so on Twitter...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I have never been on Twitter and can't decide if that is a good thing or not.

That's where I am...tho I personally wish it didnt exist

Twitter is like the political forum on its worst day on steroids in a firestorm of volcanic ash with nazi bikers gangs on acid in yoga pants. And that’s Twitter on a good day. I agree with LooseGoose’s take.  Good for breaking news otherwise a cesspool. 

I was banned from twitter for life....be careful who you call a "hooer"  (in my case, CNN) is my advice...