Keepleyland2

3/14 @ 1:05 Boston Red Sox vs Detroit Tigers

52 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Shep sucks. 

He'll be gone after this game when Mario brass knucks him.

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

It’s not really a huge concession, in my opinion. Most rosters only expand to around 28 right now anyway. Maybe a few aaa pitchers don’t get called up. They will also use the DL in September, which most teams didn’t bother with. 

To the extent it is a concession, I think adding the 26th roster spot more than makes up for it.

I thought they used that option to a greater extent.  Although I’ve never actually got on the roster at that time of the season and counted.   And of course there’s numerous good reasons not to call up an extra 15 guys. 

Shep seems less exciting than Mario, which is saying something. And his voice is less melodious and announcerly. 

Dan and Jim sound like to silly school girls today cackling non stop so maybe its Spring training.

@Edman85 Off-topic question. I was listening to tigstown podcast and I gotta ask, what podcast were you listening to that said there was no tigers prospect coverage before 2015?

1 minute ago, Casimir said:

Dustin Peterson will end the game right here.

Thanks a lot, Beckham.

2 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

“Lower body mechanics.” Hmmmm...

I heard they may have called guys from Biggs’s fencing team. 

So is this an injury-related thing and he needs to come up with something new that takes the place of what are used to do? Or has he somehow forgotten to how to do what he used to do or misplaced his ability to access it?

that probably locks in the 13 man pitching staff that goes north

JZ, Ross, Boyd, Norris, Moore / Greene, JJ, Alcantara, DVH, Farmer, Garrett, Hardy, Stumpf

1 minute ago, RatkoVarda said:

that probably locks in the 13 man pitching staff that goes north

JZ, Ross, Boyd, Norris, Moore / Greene, JJ, Alcantara, DVH, Farmer, Garrett, Hardy, Stumpf

Possible, but who knows. I’m sure we will get more info, but shutting him down might just mean not pitching in Grapefruit League games while they work on the mechanics. He might still be getting stretched out while they work on things. Hard to know if things are working if you aren’t pitching with the effort needed to test it out  

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

“Lower body mechanics.” Hmmmm...

He cannot hokey pokey properly?

Gardenhire says no timetable as to when he gets back on the mound. So, is he stating that literally, or is he implying there will be no game action? Lot of difference. If he literally won’t be on a mound, for whatever the reason, probably not good.

Opening day is 2 weeks from today, so I think that means no chance we see Fulmer go North. Fulmer has 2 options left BTW

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

@Edman85 Off-topic question. I was listening to tigstown podcast and I gotta ask, what podcast were you listening to that said there was no tigers prospect coverage before 2015?

Emily was on Effectively Wild... which is the creme de la creme of baseball pods, but her homerism and victimization drives me batty.

And that line put me over the edge.

Fulmer has to get his stuff straightened out so I'm fine with however long it takes for that to happen.  I don't think it does anybody any favors for him to continue to get shelled in Spring training and likely the regular season.     It's obviously way too early to give up on him but not pulling the trigger on a trade for him a couple years may end up being Avila's biggest blunder. 

11 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

Emily was on Effectively Wild... which is the creme de la creme of baseball pods, but her homerism and victimization drives me batty.

And that line put me over the edge.

Thanks. Yeah, she’s a tough follow. I had to pull the plug a couple months back. 

• Like 1

I didn't like when a couple weeks ago Emily set up a go fund me account cause she needed a new laptop.  Idk that just seemed unprofessional to me. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

I didn't like when a couple weeks ago Emily set up a go fund me account cause she needed a new laptop.  Idk that just seemed unprofessional to me. 

Concur...