Sydney_Fife

Game 67: Pistons @ Heat

The Pistons are going to have to outscore teams.  If they can find a groove on offense, the defense might pick up a little bit.  

Just play Blake at center with 4 wings.   Maybe we can at least get some open threes.  

Looking at a low draft pick, a first round sweep, and no cap space. NBA purgatory. So glad they decided not to take any risks and stand pat at the deadline. 

This is almost unwatchable. 

Stopping running the offense thru Blake.  Him going one and one does not work.  90% of the time it fails.  It usually leads to bad shots and turnovers.  

It's really hard to believe our offense could be this bad.  It would help if we could get a stop and get out and run.  

Get Andre back in.  We are not going to comeback at this point without a run that starts now.  

No field goals yet in the quarter with under 4 to go. Insane. 

Also, Thon is just bad. Play Lueur. 

And Reggie loses his ankle in garbage time down by 30 when starters shouldn’t even be on the court. 

Miami still playing hard every possession even up 30+. Shows you the difference in these two teams mindsets. 

I don't know the final result, but the Pistons are still looking for a third-quarter point halfway into the stanza.

This team lacks mental fortitude. Teams are overplaying them and they have zero answer. This is how it's going to be in the playoffs and it's hard seeing the Pistons having any answers offensively when the opposition gives a damn and wants to play defense. 

Compounding matters, this isn't a good defensive team. When the intensity elevates, your effort on defense must be elevated. We've seen that by our opponents twice this week. The Pistons are not interested in elevating their defense. 

This team has no clue how to mentally elevate their play and it's shown the last two nights.

Wow, it's now a 30-point deficit.

• Like 1

57 points in three quarters in today's NBA. Maybe you can get away with that occasionally if defense is your calling card. That's not the Pistons. Two really important regular season games in three days and their opposition decides their defense is going to dictate what the Pistons are going to do offensively. The Pistons' defense is non-existent, forget elevating it's level of play.

For all who think you can't play defense in today's NBA, look at the last two games. If teams can snuff out the Pistons like this during a quick regular season game, it's going to be ugly when teams can focus on them for 4 to 7 games over seven to 14 days.

• Like 1

This is starting to look like those old street ball shows ESPN used to show on a regular basis. The defense is so bad just throw any lob a the hoop and you'll get your highlight play. The Pistons will oblige.

66 points halfway into the fourth and Andre just fouled out. Oh, wow, what just happened to Reggie? Time to read the thread.

Flipped it on at 72-49 and then flipped it off.

Doses of reality are sometimes so cold and cruel....

This team just is what it is. Stan Van Gundy successfully assembled the most average, inconsistent, mediocre team I have ever seen in my life. They are literally a completely different team minute to minute, quarter to quarter, game to game. It's crazy. They just went from lighting it up and scoring 120+ points to scoring 75. It's really remarkable.

23 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

This team just is what it is. Stan Van Gundy successfully assembled the most average, inconsistent, mediocre team I have ever seen in my life. They are literally a completely different team minute to minute, quarter to quarter, game to game. It's crazy. They just went from lighting it up and scoring 120+ points to scoring 75. It's really remarkable.

How much is just a matter of when teams expose the Piston's limitations at PG, the Piston's O can't get off the ground? 

• Like 1

It's not very often I decide to dedicate time to watching the Pistons, but with their successful run of late I figured I'd watch.

Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice.....