Sign in to follow this  
Keepleyland2

3/12 @1:05 Detroit Tigers at Boston Red Sox

Traded for Jack Ryan and Tom Clancy, ha! nice try there but everyone knows that Clancy never played.  Ryan did, yes, and was traded for Charley Hall in 1909 and we all remember that memorable scene with Alec Baldwin getting the news that he had been traded as he is milking the cows.

• Like 1

Sometimes you wonder what kind of spring somebody like Casey Mize would be having if our owners weren’t in “this year is a lost cause” mode.

19 minutes ago, thefunk said:

Sometimes you wonder what kind of spring somebody like Casey Mize would be having if our owners weren’t in “this year is a lost cause” mode.

are you advocating flushing a year of control of Mize down the toilet in 2019? to what end?

Mize’s arm has never been subjected to a full every-fifth-day work out that comprises an MLB season. In college he pitched 69, 83.2, and 114.2 innings. The Tigers want him to “stretch out his arm.“  This seems like a rational thing to do.  I am willing to wait for Christmas to arrive in December. I don’t need Christmas to happen in April. I’m willing to wait for something good. 

JV pitched 113, 116, 105.2 in college then a total 129.2 between A+, AA, and Detroit as a pro in 2005. He threw 186 in his first MLB season in 2006 (excluding the post season which I did not look up). This is the trajectory we should expect from Mize. JV was a veritable work horse in college compared to Mize. Mize may even be a little slower getting stretched out than JV was.  Although we probably don’t have to worry about him getting drained in the postseason too quickly. 

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

Mize’s arm has never been subjected to a full every-fifth-day work out that comprises an MLB season. In college he pitched 69, 83.2, and 114.2 innings. The Tigers want him to “stretch out his arm.“  This seems like a rational thing to do.  I am willing to wait for Christmas to arrive in December. I don’t need Christmas to happen in April. I’m willing to wait for something good. 

I believe the standard is around a 40-inning increase each season. When your team is competing like in 06, they'll stretch it out a bit more. But I'd expect around 150 for Casey this year, assuming he's healthy.

• Like 1

Harrison leads off with a near double, thrown out at 2nd. 

Norris is glimmering with hopeful promise. At least according to the box score. I’m not able to listen right now. 

13 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Thumbs down on the Boston feed.

Mario on now for the Red Sox

Mercer homers with Harrison aboard. The great coming together is coming together. 

Former Tigers playing, DD, Mario. They’ve stolen everything. Even Mario. All they need is for Leyland to manage them to a World Series championship for me to shoot myself. 

I still celebrate DD’s departure from Detroit. 

Norris lives to see another day. Good to see.

Good news that he touched 93, seems to be getting stronger each outing.  If he can get to the point where he is sitting at 93 I'll start to have more faith in him.

I’m starting to get optimistic.  It’s sort of like when the hottest cheerleader in school sat down next to you in the cafeteria and started talking to you. That never happened to me, but that’s the kind of optimism I’m talking about. 

• Like 2