Motor City Sonics

2019 Roster Watch: Spring Training

3 hours ago, kdog said:

Gardenhire said he expects the roster to be set Monday after the exhibition game. Barring any more mishaps, it could look something like this:

Rotation (in presumed order): Jordan Zimmermann, Matthew Boyd, Spencer Turnbull, Matt Moore, Tyson Ross. Michael Fulmer is on the 60-day IL.

Bullpen: Shane Greene (closer), Joe Jimenez (late inning set-up), Victor Alcantara, Blaine Hardy (LHP), Buck Farmer, Daniel Stumpf (LHP), Daniel Norris (LHP), Reed Garrett (Rule 5). Drew VerHagen (forearm strain) expected to start the season on the injured list.

Catchers: Grayson Greiner, John Hicks.

Infielders: Miguel Cabrera, Josh Harrison, Jordy Mercer, Jeimer Candelario.

Utility: Niko Goodrum, Gordon Beckham.

Outfielders: Christin Stewart, Mikie Mahtook, Nick Castellanos, Dustin Peterson. JaCoby Jones (strained left shoulder) on the injured list.

I cannot even begin to describe the overall talent of this entire team.

4 hours ago, Tim Mitchell said:

100% agree. Farmer might be on his last stint.

Farmer isn’t good.  Same as it ever was.  So if they are in on the tank, bring him north.

25 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

Starts with a negative sign.  Does that help you?

Wow...that is a truly awful OF.  Defensively, they're going to cost us a LOT of runs this year

14 hours ago, kdog said:

Per Hackosky this is the likely roster for Thursday:

Formidable.  

Dustin Peterson and Spencer Turnbull have made the team officially.

• Like 1

Tigers’ starting rotation will open the regular season like this, Gardenhire said: Jordan Zimmermann, Matt Boyd, Turnbull, Matt Moore and Tyson Ross

Fenech

13 minutes ago, kdog said:

Fenech

Fenech as sixth starter? I suppose that could work. They stretched him out a bit in fantasy camp. Maybe he can eat some innings.

19 hours ago, Tigrrfan said:

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I think this is a much better offense without the corpse of Victor Martinez eating up the DH spot. 

Jordan Zimmermann, Matt Boyd, Turnbull, Matt Moore and Tyson Ross

So the Pitcher making the most will start opening day and the pitcher making the 2nd most will start the 5th day.  

Anyone know the reasoning behind Turnball pitching third instead of fifth?  Is it because they already had it set up for Fulmer to pitch third and it was too late to rearrange it?  

2 hours ago, bobrob2004 said:

Jordan Zimmermann, Matt Boyd, Turnbull, Matt Moore and Tyson Ross

So the Pitcher making the most will start opening day and the pitcher making the 2nd most will start the 5th day.  

Anyone know the reasoning behind Turnball pitching third instead of fifth?  Is it because they already had it set up for Fulmer to pitch third and it was too late to rearrange it?  

Because  A - Turnball is better than Ross and B - Does it even really matter?     What, are we positioning our rotation for the Wild Card game already?   

If things go according to plan Mike Moore will start the Home Opener, but I think one of the Yankee games gets weathered out so Turnbull could be starting the home opener.