DumberAndLeaner

So, what's up with Miguelito?

6 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

Just based upon the current roster.   Does Miggy being in the line-up make you any more inclined to attend a Tigers game versus if he was not?

Nope

24 minutes ago, DumberAndLeaner said:

So, is he "ready" yet?

As far are as timing,which is what I think being ready means in spring training, he was probably ready a long time ago.  I doubt he'd be doing any better if he played more in Spring training.  He may not be fully healthy though.    

Maybe we can get something for him if we retain 208 of the 214  million or so dollars we're on the hook for.  I'm not looking forward to seven more years of the Fat Kid celebrating the occasional singe to right

20 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Maybe we can get something for him if we retain 208 of the 214  million or so dollars we're on the hook for.  I'm not looking forward to seven more years of the Fat Kid celebrating the occasional singe to right

Relax, its only five (including this season).  2024 & 2025 are vesting options based on top ten MVP voting.

image.png.7d8b9b1189adaa42636d35ec8f326a28.png

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/cabremi01.shtml#all_br-salaries

Whew...you'd think that extended warranty I once bought on a ham sandwich would teach me the importance of reading the fine print

16 minutes ago, Lei Pong said:

Whew...you'd think that extended warranty I once bought on a ham sandwich would teach me the importance of reading the fine print

The value of the ham sandwich is likely to be higher vs purchase price than 2019 through 2023 of Cabrera's contract.