lordstanley

March 2019 Game Threads

Apparently both of the new college signings are expected to be in Detroit by the end of the week

1 hour ago, drownwithyou said:

Apparently both of the new college signings are expected to be in Detroit by the end of the week

Smart.  Gives them a look at the prospects and the players a little taste of the real thing even though they probably aren’t ready.  More importantly it helps the tanking.  

26 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

Smart.  Gives them a look at the prospects and the players a little taste of the real thing even though they probably aren’t ready.  More importantly it helps the tanking.  

Ya between this, Green out for the year, and Larkin nursing his injury I'm guessing the league is taking note of this epic tank job (not that anything will be done about it I just am very amused by how this season is ending)

On 3/11/2019 at 5:30 PM, lordstanley said:

Michael Rasmussen has gone 15 games without a point. How is that even possible?

I don't mean to alarm you, but he just got an assist on a Bowey goal (of all people)

Lightning decided to play seriously and have scored 4 unanswered goals. They are dominating the Wings and reminding me of what we used to be like in the good ol’ days of the late 90s. 

To be fair to Holland, drafting Kucherov wouldn’t had fit his “less is more exciting” philosophy. 

Wings lose 5-4. Rasmussen finally gets on the scoreboard with a goal and an assist.  Zadina played his final game for the Wings this season, will return to GR.

With the complete collapse the other night the Loose For Hughes train continues to gain momentum. We now have a 13.5% chance of getting Jack Hughes.

13 hours ago, kdog said:

I won't criticize Kenny for this. Teams missed on Datsyuk and Hank how many times?

32 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I won't criticize Kenny for this. Teams missed on Datsyuk and Hank how many times?

Ya, I find it asinine to play captain hindsight over draft picks especially when it is outside the top 10-15 picks each draft.  No GM is going to be perfect in these scenarios.

Is the season over yet? (I know it’s not, but this thing is just dragging).

Anyway, great come from ahead loss last night. 

AA chasing 30 goals.  Outside chance, but 2 today gives him 26. Still in the 2nd period, Wings lead NYI 2-1. Wings will have 10 games after today.

Great day for the Kings losing for Hughes.   Up a goal at home in the 3rd against the Panthers and they give up 2 in the last 6 minutes to lose in regulation.  58 points and hopefully not counting many more.  

Current Standings [OTT and LA have played 1 game less]

OTT - 54

LA - 58

DET - 60

NJ - 63

Detroit just needs to pack it in. this is one of the 90% of the games I expected them to lose in the last 10 games or so. 

But wow, toronto getting smoked by ottawa tonight helped a little bit. Did not see that one coming, even with as badly as toronto played this week. Ottawa was skating really well. We still have an outside shot at last, but it's getting tougher.

Grand Rapids signing:

Pearson, 21, has spent the last three seasons at the University of Maine, serving as captain as a sophomore and junior and totaling 78 points (37-41-78), a plus-18 rating and 132 penalty minutes in 107 games over three seasons (2016-19). In 2018-19, Pearson notched a collegiate career-high 29 points (16-13-29) and ranked among Maine leaders with 16 goals (1st), 13 assists (3rd), 29 points (2nd), a plus-21 rating (1st), two game-winning goals (T2nd), five power-play goals (1st) and 99 shots on goal (2nd). He also ranked 14th overall in conference scoring and tied for fifth in goals, notching 20 points (10-10-20) in 22 games in Hockey East play. The 6-foot-2, 205-pound forward was also second on the team in scoring in 2017-18 with 27 points (7-20-27) in 37 games and was named to the end-of-year America East All-Star Honorable Mention team and All-Academic Team.

Originally drafted by the Red Wings in the fifth round (140th overall) of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft, Pearson spent two seasons with the Youngstown Phantoms of the United States Hockey League prior to his collegiate career, logging 76 points (24-52-76), a plus-42 rating and 157 penalty minutes in 114 games from 2013-16. The Alpharetta, Georgia, native also represented the United States at the 2015 World Junior A Challenge, tying for second on the team with six points (2-4-6) in five games. His father, Scott Pearson, played 292 NHL games with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Quebec Nordiques, Edmonton Oilers, Buffalo Sabres and New York Islanders during a professional career that spanned from 1988-00.

Hirose picks up his first NHL point with the primary assist on Nielsen's goal tonight!  Only saw a gif on my phone but looked like a nice touch pass in the neutral zone.  

AA also scored his 27th, currently 2-0

Assist by Brian Lashoff of all people gets the Wings on the board tonight. I didn't see that coming.