Sydney_Fife

Game 63: Wolves @ Pistons

The true sign that this is a different team is when Blake has an off game and they still blow out the opponent. They lose this game earlier in the year. The emergence of Kennard and health of Ish is massive for this team.

They need to fatten up their record in the next several games before the going gets really tough.

Pistons 10-2 since the Clippers collapse game. Only losses @ Boston and @ Spurs. 

32-31. Back to back against the Bulls, who are much improved. 8-7 in their last 15. Porter was a nice pickup for them and LaVine has been torching teams. 

10-9 the rest of the way gets them to 42 wins. Important to bank up wins before heading out west. 

52 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Pistons 10-2 since the Clippers collapse game. Only losses @ Boston and @ Spurs. 

32-31. Back to back against the Bulls, who are much improved. 8-7 in their last 15. Porter was a nice pickup for them and LaVine has been torching teams. 

10-9 the rest of the way gets them to 42 wins. Important to bank up wins before heading out west. 

bulls beat the sixers tonight.  theyre no pushovers.

that said....gotta beat the bulls.  twice.

Andre. Freaking. Drummond.

There is plenty to be annoyed about with this franchise over the last 10 years. But this has been such a fun run to watch.

Pistons during the last 12 games
1st in ORTG
1st in NRTG
1st in TS%
1st in eFG%
1st in 3FG%
4th in FG%
5th in REB%
7th in DRTG

• Thanks 1

It's definitely been a pretty awesome stretch of fun basketball to watch.

2 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

It's definitely been a pretty awesome stretch of fun basketball to watch.

An opportunity to keep it rolling before heading out west. 

@ Bulls, Bulls, @ Nets, @ Heat, Lakers, Raptors, @ Cavs, @ Suns is critical. If they can go 5-3 in that stretch, they'll be 37-34 going into murder's row out west (Portland, Golden State, Denver). 

30 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

@ Bulls, Bulls, @ Nets, @ Heat, Lakers, Raptors, @ Cavs, @ Suns is critical. If they can go 5-3 in that stretch, they'll be 37-34 going into murder's row out west (Portland, Golden State, Denver). 

That is an incredibly tough 3 game swing out west. But before we even get there, these guys can't underestimate the EC teams they play. Chicago is different with Lauri on the floor, BKN & Miami have their own playoff aspirations, LAL still as Lebron & Toronto is Toronto. 

Don't think I've posted in this forum since the Pistons were bounced for the final time out of the ECF.  Are they good again or what?

3 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Don't forget OKC as well. 5-3 minimum should be required in this upcoming stretch.

In any event, this team has been a blast to watch in the last 10. It's probably the most I've enjoyed a Pistons run in a long time which is nice and sad at the same time. 

Kennard's emergence has been the best thing to take away from this. I've always had a feeling that he would break out if given a chance and he's now running with it. The team looks like they have fun playing with each other too, especially with the new additions. It's not like they are a threat to do much in the playoffs but at least they are fun to watch again.

7 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Don't forget OKC as well. 5-3 minimum should be required in this upcoming stretch.

In any event, this team has been a blast to watch in the last 10. It's probably the most I've enjoyed a Pistons run in a long time which is nice and sad at the same time. 

Kennard's emergence has been the best thing to take away from this. I've always had a feeling that he would break out if given a chance and he's now running with it. The team looks like they have fun playing with each other too, especially with the new additions. It's not like they are a threat to do much in the playoffs but at least they are fun to watch again.

Come on, now. No need to prematurely bounce them from the first round of the playoffs. If they do in fact go in as the 6 seed they will not be an automatic out. If they were going to face the bucks or raptors, then fine. But those three teams batting for the 3 seed have their flaws, too. 

This 8-seed mentality needs to go. 

29 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Come on, now. No need to prematurely bounce them from the first round of the playoffs. If they do in fact go in as the 6 seed they will not be an automatic out. If they were going to face the bucks or raptors, then fine. But those three teams batting for the 3 seed have their flaws, too. 

This 8-seed mentality needs to go. 

I meant playoff threat in the sense of making a run to the Conference Finals. Of course they could give a team a tussle in the 1st round or perhaps beat Indiana.

Not sure how many saw it but Kelser in his post game interview kind of got up on a soapbox and chastised fans and local sports radio for calling for the Pistons to tank before the deadline.  While I do agree that things are working out in a manner that I am glad the Pistons didn't trade Drummond, I think it is unfair to say that kind of talk was not warranted because the Pistons have been stuck in NBA purgatory for the better part of a decade.  If we would have tanked 5 years ago, we might be in a much better position that we are now.  Fortunately, things are finally looking up right now and we may have caught some breaks we did not see coming.  

29 minutes ago, Hart said:

Not sure how many saw it but Kelser in his post game interview kind of got up on a soapbox and chastised fans and local sports radio for calling for the Pistons to tank before the deadline.  While I do agree that things are working out in a manner that I am glad the Pistons didn't trade Drummond, I think it is unfair to say that kind of talk was not warranted because the Pistons have been stuck in NBA purgatory for the better part of a decade.  If we would have tanked 5 years ago, we might be in a much better position that we are now.  Fortunately, things are finally looking up right now and we may have caught some breaks we did not see coming.  

Yeah, I'd rather some humility until you've actually won something. A 12 game hot streak in the regular season isn't enough to wash away a decade of incompetence.