Sydney_Fife

Game 63: Wolves @ Pistons

7:10 tip. 

Minnesota beat OKC last night. First time the Pistons will have the rest advantage in some time. 

Pistons haven’t been over .500 in over 2 months. 

The Pistons have won 7 straight against the Wolves after losing the previous 10.

The Pistons have not been over .500 since December 19th

The Wolves put 131 on OKC last night. Towns had 41.

The Pistons have a 2.5 game cushion on a playoff spot with 20 games left. 5 weeks left in the season.

Piston-killer Robert Covington is questionable for this one.

20 games in 36 days for the Pistons to end the season. They only have one 2 day break the rest of the way. Tonight truly begins the home stretch

I'm going with 10-10 the rest of the way for the Pistons. That'll get them to 41-41 and likely the 6 seed.

Casey says no planned rest days for Blake. I would say 3/24 at Golden State on the end of a back to back is a no brainer.

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Casey says no planned rest days for Blake. I would say 3/24 at Golden State on the end of a back to back is a no brainer.

I wouldn’t quite put it in the no brainer category. They really need every win they can get and even if that win seems incredibly unlikely, you never know. GSW could decide to rest a player or two in that game, for all we know, considering they know they are getting the pistons on a back to back. Maybe the pistons get blown out the night before and Blake and others get an extended rest in the first game. Might as well start the game with everyone available, and if it goes south then pull the plug. 

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I'm going with 10-10 the rest of the way for the Pistons. That'll get them to 41-41 and likely the 6 seed.

I’ll go with 11-9. 

Drummond vs KAT will be an interesting matchup. Both guys are playing great basketball right now, and Drummond has a history of eating KAT with his size/strength/physicality. 

Not only do you rest him, you rest him twice if you can.  Burning Blake out to get the 6th seed over the 7th seed is beyond stupid.  Either way you are playing a superior team on the road, it doesn't matter which seed you are.  A healthy and rested Blake > 6th seed.

Detroit can afford to throw away a game.  They are 2.5 games ahead of the two teams behind them.  Burn one to get him some rest, preferably against Denver.  End of a long road trip is always a hard game to win anyway, with the altitude and against a good team, don't bother.  Taking the Denver game off lets him have 3 full days off between games.  

Depending on how the next 5 go, I try to rest him against The Lakers as well.  The Lakers have almost no shot at the playoffs, so don't be shocked if Lebron starts to develop back spasms to secure a higher draft pick.  Even if he plays I think they have a good shot at beating LA, and it gets Blake another 3 day rest window.  4-1 or 5-0 in the next 5 and it's an easy rest day against The Lakers.  

the spurs do that all the time. The whole resting the team on games that will be tough. 

I would say to rest him against Toronto the next time. It’s the front end of a back to back, with Cleveland the next night. 

It’s gonna be hard to beat them 3 times in a row.

Really? We’re going to double towns and give them open threes. C’mon Dre, step up and play good man on man defense. 

One team came ready to play. Maybe some early subs to get some energy in there would be good. 

Oh boy. The old Pistons are back. Dead out of the locker room and getting blasted early. 

Andre has now successfully blown a point blank, wide open layup and a point blank, wide open dunk. 

Not a fan of Thon. Pass bounces off his chest, bad defense on the Tolliver three, then bricks one of his own (as usual). 

I think our bench could be decent if Maker wasn't weighing them down.  I'd be ecstatic to have Tolliver coming off the bench instead of Maker.  

Drummond missed a lot of bunnies but he also looked like the only one with a pulse out there for us most of that quarter.  Still finished 4-8 from the field with 5 boards. 

Just play Leuer over Thon. Not sure what Thon gives you right now.