Jump to content

thefunk

The OG MTS Prediction Thread

Recommended Posts

No advanced calculations, no extra math or calculus.  Hope-inspired gut feelings and OE% reign supreme.  Predict as much or as little as you want.  You'll be a fool though in 20 years when we look back to see how many of us decided the 2019 World Champ Tigers would only win 60 games.

AL CENTRAL

Tigers 88-74

Minnesota 87-75

Indians 78-84

Chicago 65-97

KC 56-106

 

Both wild card winners in the AL have a better record than the Tigers.  Casey Mize 1 hits the White Sox on Sept. 29th to seal the deal.

Tigers topple Houston in 5 and the NYY in 6. An all time classic 7 game World Series vs. the Braves sees the Tigers win their first world championship in forever, and half of you die of a stroke.  Love it.

Long live the Tigers.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HA.  I haven't started a thread since the site got improved.  Any mod  @IdahoBert can move this to the Tigers section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OG? The Ozzie Guillen prediction thread?

DxiuZ3xXQAAX4Ji.jpg

Tear up the stats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut feeling is that the Tigers will win more games than last year and finish ahead of the Royals.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Odessa woman needs to see a doctor about her lips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

This thread sucks, but I did meet an Odessa woman, which is nice.

9DB8A6A6-C718-414F-AF21-0DE6CD44D4CF.png

Interesting that the mention of Bert brought that ad.......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

This thread sucks, but I did meet an Odessa woman, which is nice.

9DB8A6A6-C718-414F-AF21-0DE6CD44D4CF.png

I see that the ad instantly boosted your battery to 77%.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like hope. It's not always smart, it's nice to dream. 

That said...

AL CENTRAL

Indians 86-76

Tigers 81-81

Minnesota 81-81

Chicago 69-93

KC 64-98

A fairly non-descript year until mid-August and especially September, when we make significant gains in the standings, owing to the spark from young call-ups and a lights-out bullpen, of all things. 

However, it's widely acknowledged that we're playing over our heads and looking to basically finish the same way next yearr, but at a more even level.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tigers will finish 82-80 and win the AL central, earning the 3 seed in the playoffs. A pair of 100 win teams will play each other in the wild card playoff, with the winner earning the right to face the 105 win 1 seed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and Cabrera will win MVP over a more deserving Mike Trout, because the Angels will miss the playoffs having won only 99 games. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

This thread sucks, but I did meet an Odessa woman, which is nice.

9DB8A6A6-C718-414F-AF21-0DE6CD44D4CF.png

Better work fast before one of the Trumps gets her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, shoot, man, if you're going to dream big, go all the way!

AL CENTRAL

Tigers 117-45

Minnesota 77-85

Indians 68-94

Chicago 55-107

KC 46-116

League MVP: Nicholas Dontcallmenick: 65 HR, 177 RBI, .366/.418/.727, +23 DRS

Cy Young: Jordan Zimmermann, 27-4, 1.77 ERA, 315 SO in 215 IP, 0.852 WHIP.

League RoY: Daz Cameron, 22 HR, 94 RBI, .308/.391/.451

Playoffs:

Tigers over Red Sox 3-0

Tigers over Yankees 4-0

Tigers over Dodgers 4-0.

 

 

That felt good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That will be the first of ten consecutive world championships for the Tigers.  Casey Mize will be elected President in 2028 and don't tell me he'll be too young to be President.  He will keep pitching while in office too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thefunk said:

No advanced calculations, no extra math or calculus.  Hope-inspired gut feelings and OE% reign supreme.  Predict as much or as little as you want.  You'll be a fool though in 20 years when we look back to see how many of us decided the 2019 World Champ Tigers would only win 60 games.

AL CENTRAL

Tigers 88-74

Minnesota 87-75

Indians 78-84

Chicago 65-97

KC 56-106

 

Both wild card winners in the AL have a better record than the Tigers.  Casey Mize 1 hits the White Sox on Sept. 29th to seal the deal.

Tigers topple Houston in 5 and the NYY in 6. An all time classic 7 game World Series vs. the Braves sees the Tigers win their first world championship in forever, and half of you die of a stroke.  Love it.

Long live the Tigers.

 

You nailed it.  Astute Al Avila's brilliant personnel moves have clearly added 24 regular-season wins to last year's total, plus he has really built the club for a successful postseason run.  And Miguel Cabrera will lead the way, showing pretenders like Mike Trout and Bryce Harper and Mookie Betts and Christian Yelich how it's done.  His second Triple Crown will be a cherry on top of this Dream Team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shelton said:

Oh, and Cabrera will win MVP over a more deserving Mike Trout, because the Angels will miss the playoffs having won only 99 games. 

Because Ausmus is a terrible manager. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

You nailed it.  Astute Al Avila's brilliant personnel moves have clearly added 24 regular-season wins to last year's total, plus he has really built the club for a successful postseason run.  And Miguel Cabrera will lead the way, showing pretenders like Mike Trout and Bryce Harper and Mookie Betts and Christian Yelich how it's done.  His second Triple Crown will be a cherry on top of this Dream Team.

12 each from Jordy Mercer and Josh Harrison.  Stupid Pirates for letting these 2 studs go.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

SixHopper has joined the Sunshine Train!!

Rainbow Sunshine Train*

 

TM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tigers will win 6 games in each month April, May, June, July, August, and September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thefunk said:

No advanced calculations, no extra math or calculus.  Hope-inspired gut feelings and OE% reign supreme.  Predict as much or as little as you want.  You'll be a fool though in 20 years when we look back to see how many of us decided the 2019 World Champ Tigers would only win 60 games.

AL CENTRAL

Tigers 88-74

Minnesota 87-75

Indians 78-84

Chicago 65-97

KC 56-106

 

Both wild card winners in the AL have a better record than the Tigers.  Casey Mize 1 hits the White Sox on Sept. 29th to seal the deal.

Tigers topple Houston in 5 and the NYY in 6. An all time classic 7 game World Series vs. the Braves sees the Tigers win their first world championship in forever, and half of you die of a stroke.  Love it.

Long live the Tigers.

 

The OE% reference did not go unnoticed. 👍   A nice blast from the way past.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want to go out on a limb here, but I think it could possibly be the fact without a lot of ifs ands or buts — not that there’s anything wrong with those sorts of qualifications —  that this team could possibly (at least for a while) perhaps — and I leave it up to you how the definition of “perhaps“ plays out in this situation — be better than we think (although a variety of contingencies could intervene positively or negatively to alter these projections).  And I am willing to stand by this prediction — depending of course on how you define “stand by“ in this particular situation —and expect the Tigers to either win fewer games than last year or more games than last year or end with the same exact record as last year (if, that is, all 162 games are played).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

(if, that is, all 162 games are played).

But what if they play 163 games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

I don’t want to go out on a limb here, but I think it could possibly be the fact without a lot of ifs ands or buts — not that there’s anything wrong with those sorts of qualifications —  that this team could possibly (at least for a while) perhaps — and I leave it up to you how the definition of “perhaps“ plays out in this situation — be better than we think (although a variety of contingencies could intervene positively or negatively to alter these projections).  And I am willing to stand by this prediction — depending of course on how you define “stand by“ in this particular situation —and expect the Tigers to either win fewer games than last year or more games than last year or end with the same exact record as last year (if, that is, all 162 games are played).

thank-you, Deputy Director Wither. We can only hope that the sometimes hideous, though possibly qualified predictions of failure for our team, are ineffectual with regard to impairment of the strength of our affection for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...