Sydney_Fife

2019 Playoff Chase

Orlando wins in Boston. 

Brooklyn wins in Indiana on the end of a back to back. 

Miami, down Richardson, loses in OT to Toronto. 

The Pistons lose by 15 at home to Charlotte, who was missing 3 rotation players. 

Hahahahaahahahahahahaha

Pistons need to win their last 2 games or they will miss the playoffs. Hard to see Charlotte losing to Cleveland or Orlando at home, who will be clinched by then. 

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

Brooklyn - a well coached, well run team - goes into Indy and blows out the Pacers a day after beating the Bucks in Milwaukee (albeit without Giannis).  

Detroit loses at home to Charlotte.  

Factor in the salary/roster issues and how this club really has no room for optimism going forward, and sure, why wouldn't we root for a first round *** kicking rather than missing the playoffs and hoping for lottery magic?

Saw an urgency and determination from Brooklyn and Orlando on the road to clinch their playoff spots. 

Saw an apathetic effort from the Pistons. Which is nothing new. Outside of Blake this team has ZERO heart. Drummond is a good player, but Reggie is not a leader at all. And PG is such a critical position. 

in a league that has gone to outside shooting and guard led offense, the pistons signed andre to a max extension and traded for blake griffin and his max contract.

both those guys are good players.  ****, blake is a great player and has changed his game to develop more of an outside game, but they have not kept up with the times.

at the end of the day, the players they have just arent good enough.  and theyre capped out which, unless they blow it up, means they can only tinker with the team on the margins.  

think about it, they had almost a complete season of healthy blake griffin!  that almost never happens!  andre was healthy all year.  reggie was healthy for most of the year, and they STILL MIGHT MISS THE PLAYOFFS!

this is as good as this team will be.  8th in the east.

meanwhile brooklyn goes three years without its own lottery pick and is now a better team than detroit.  the difference between a well run organization, and an organization run by tom gores.

• Like 1

At least they won't have to play Charlotte in the 1st round.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

At least they won't have to play Charlotte in the 1st round.

So negative.  I think if Charlotte sits another two rotation players, Detroit would take a game.  

11 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Saw an urgency and determination from Brooklyn and Orlando on the road to clinch their playoff spots. 

Saw an apathetic effort from the Pistons. Which is nothing new. Outside of Blake this team has ZERO heart. Drummond is a good player, but Reggie is not a leader at all. And PG is such a critical position. 

The Pistons showed us what they really were in the Brooklyn and Miami blowouts.  The Orlando win was a fluke where Orlando brought zero energy.

They don't deserve to make the playoffs and as an NBA fan, I don't want them to make the playoffs. Miami or Charlotte deserve it and would make the 1st round at least a wee bit more interesting.

Outside of about a 10 game stretch earlier this season when Kennard and Galloway were splashing outside shots at a ridiculous rate, I have never been as apathetic about Pistons basketball as I've been the last 7-8 years or so and this franchise is probably in worse shape than any other in the NBA right now (can't think of any other that is stuck in such perpetual mediocrity with no cap space and no prospects to get excited about). It sucks to not care much about a team that you're passionate about.

The injury to Blake probably means he is coming back next year, especially if he needs surgery this summer.  A GM might have taken a chance on him if made it through the season without getting hurt.  At the very least it cratered his already very low value.

...hey Del....can you please convince me they are still making the playoffs beyond a shadow of a doubt?

Need some reassurance.

33 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

...hey Del....can you please convince me they are still making the playoffs beyond a shadow of a doubt?

Need some reassurance.

Confident enough I went looking to lay a bet on it this morning.  But none of my books had it listed.