Sydney_Fife

2019 Playoff Chase

23 minutes ago, Buddha said:

do you think there's a risk that drummond plays out of control against embiid?

Yes, but that risk does not include him suddenly shooting 3s when previous match-ups with Embiid simply do not reflect this.

Not sure why you're getting so offended by me pointing out a very obvious fact. 

10 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Yes, but that risk does not include him suddenly shooting 3s when previous match-ups with Embiid simply do not reflect this.

Not sure why you're getting so offended by me pointing out a very obvious fact. 

so we agree.  phew.

and tbh, i added the line about drummond shooting threes because it sounded good, lol.

If we swapped with Boston and became the 5 it means we have improved or are at least playing better than we are now so I take that match up all day.  Confidence is a real thing...it can overcome other shortfalls.  

6 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

If we swapped with Boston and became the 5 it means we have improved or are at least playing better than we are now so I take that match up all day.  Confidence is a real thing...it can overcome other shortfalls.  

This team is not getting to 5. The math is just daunting. 

12 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

This team is not getting to 5. The math is just daunting. 

Yeah it would be near impossible, but I would like to see them playing better down the stretch, a hot team can win a couple games in the playoffs against a better one and sometimes even win the series.  I am just excited to see some playoff basketball again.  I have not been able to watch nearly as many games this year as I would like and Playoff basketball is a must watch and I will plan the day around it when it starts.

I also want the pistons to play well down the stretch. 

Like everyone else, I turned off the Nets-Kings when the Nets were down 20+ in the third.  They came back from  28 down in the third to beat the Kings.  DLo had 44 points for the game, 27 of them in the 4th quarter.  He shot 10-15 and 4-7 in the 4th.  

Magic must be kicking himself for trading DLo away.

37 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Like everyone else, I turned off the Nets-Kings when the Nets were down 20+ in the third.  They came back from  28 down in the third to beat the Kings.  DLo had 44 points for the game, 27 of them in the 4th quarter.  He shot 10-15 and 4-7 in the 4th.  

Magic must be kicking himself for trading DLo away.

Magic has a lot to kick himself over. Letting Lopez walk was a massive mistake. And it was stunningly stupid knowing that he is the exact type of center you want around Lebron. 

2 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Magic has a lot to kick himself over. Letting Lopez walk was a massive mistake. And it was stunningly stupid knowing that he is the exact type of center you want around Lebron. 

No doubt.  Even worse is the fact he signed in Milwaukee for just over $3M.  

Randle is another one.  Not necessarily the shooter Lopez is.  But he is also having an excellent season.  

Lamb with a prayer.  

The second one is a high up view.  Kemba was pretty dejected when the ball got away from Lamb.

Pistons now 1.5 games ahead of Orlando as they easily dispose of Philly with another loss in Denver looming. I'm so glad that Blake got that one game rest at Cleveland. 

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

Pistons now 1.5 games ahead of Orlando as they easily dispose of Philly with another loss in Denver looming. I'm so glad that Blake got that one game rest at Cleveland. 

The issue was February 7th, not March 18th. This team is what it is now. Time to sit back and enjoy the sweep and the middle first round pick.

That Cleveland loss is looming large right now...

On 3/26/2019 at 12:03 AM, Buddha said:

That Cleveland loss is looming large right now...

By contrast, the sweep of Toronto is huge.

37-37 right now.

v Orlando, win.

v Portland, win.

@ Indiana, loss.

v Indiana, loss.

@ Oklahoma City, loss.

v Charlotte, win.

v Memphis, win.

@ New York, win.

42-40, a winning regular season record, good enough for the 6 seed as Brooklyn's remaining schedule is a serious grind (Philly, Milwaukee twice, Indiana, Toronto, Boston, and a possibly still alive Miami to end the season).

36 minutes ago, Casimir said:

37-37 right now.

v Orlando, win.

v Portland, win.

@ Indiana, loss.

v Indiana, loss.

@ Oklahoma City, loss.

v Charlotte, win.

v Memphis, win.

@ New York, win.

42-40, a winning regular season record, good enough for the 6 seed as Brooklyn's remaining schedule is a serious grind (Philly, Milwaukee twice, Indiana, Toronto, Boston, and a possibly still alive Miami to end the season).

That Orlando game is now the biggest game of the season. 

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

37-37 right now.

v Orlando, win.

v Portland, win.

@ Indiana, loss.

v Indiana, loss.

@ Oklahoma City, loss.

v Charlotte, win.

v Memphis, win.

@ New York, win.

orlando has won like 6 straight and just thumped philly.  that orlando game is no gimme.

like dc said, its the biggest game of the season now.

2 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

That Orlando game is now the biggest game of the season. 

Indeed.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

orlando has won like 6 straight and just thumped philly.  that orlando game is no gimme.

like dc said, its the biggest game of the season now.

Oh, I never said whether or not any of those games would be gimmes or not.  I just went with the result.  I mean, come on, this is the Pistons we are talking about.  Nothing is a gimme.

10 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I mean, come on, this is the Pistons we are talking about.  Nothing is a gimme.

I mean, I get we lost the Cavs game. But this team has an good overall record against teams they should beat. They are 26-12 against teams that are below .500.

Among the worst teams in the league, they are:

3-0 vs NYK
3-1 vs CLE
4-0 vs CHI
2-1 vs ATL
2-0 vs PHO
1-1 vs DAL
1-0 vs MEM

That is good for 16-3 against the bottom dwellers. So, I would say this team has made "gimmes" out of the games they should have. 

28 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I mean, I get we lost the Cavs game. But this team has an good overall record against teams they should beat. They are 26-12 against teams that are below .500.

3-0 vs NYK
3-1 vs CLE
4-0 vs CHI
2-1 vs ATL
2-0 vs PHO
1-1 vs DAL
1-0 vs MEM

That is good for 16-3 against the bottom dwellers. So, I would say this team has made "gimmes" out of the games they should have. 

This is the Pistons.  Nothing is a gimme.

50 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

3-0 vs NYK
3-1 vs CLE
4-0 vs CHI
2-1 vs ATL
2-0 vs PHO
1-1 vs DAL
1-0 vs MEM

Orlando is the Pistons equal if not better the way they've been playing as of late so there's no "should win" when it comes to Orlando.

31 minutes ago, Casimir said:

This is the Pistons.  Nothing is a gimme.

Except for the fact that they have dominated the bottom dwellers and done very well against teams below .500

Orlando is not a "gimme" because they are just one game below .500, but let's not act like the Pistons are out here losing to bad teams on a regular basis. 

11 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Orlando is the Pistons equal if not better the way they've been playing as of late so there's no "should win" when it comes to Orlando.

I agree. My response was to "there is no gimme with the Pistons". Games against bad teams have been "gimme" games for the Pistons. 

23 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I agree. My response was to "there is no gimme with the Pistons". Games against bad teams have been "gimme" games for the Pistons. 

Ok. Gotcha

This doesn't bode well for the playoffs (if they make it) because they generally get beaten and a lot of times badly by decent to good teams (except for Toronto for some weird reason probably due to them sitting their stars) but they have been consistent in beating the basement dwellers.