Jump to content

Sydney_Fife

Game 55: Wizards @ Pistons

Recommended Posts

Looks like they’ve got this one in hand. Good win if you’re trying to make that playoff push. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pistons gameplan defensively down the stretch is mind boggling. GIVE THEM THE LAYUP! Why are we giving up wide open threes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pistons win. They win the season series against Washington for the first time since 12/13

Charlotte loses. They’re .5 game back of the 7 seed. 

Nets in Toronto. Miami in Denver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brooklyn up 3 with 40 seconds left. They give up a three, Harris bricks a shot, Leonard game winner. 

Pistons 1.5 back of the Nets. Half game back of Charlotte. 

Pistons in Boston Wednesday. Celtics will be on the end of a back to back with travel from Philly. Irving is iffy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only game tomorrow is Orlando at the Pelicans. Busy day Wednesday. Only game Thursday is Hornets/Magic. 

Then a much needed week off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at this rate they might get the 6 seed and end up with the 40-42 wins a lot of people predicted.  lol.

i'd love to see them match up with indiana in round 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Buddha said:

at this rate they might get the 6 seed and end up with the 40-42 wins a lot of people predicted.  lol.

i'd love to see them match up with indiana in round 1.

Shows how sad the east is. The 1st round is pretty much a foregone conclusion in the east unless Indiana finishes top 3 and even they would be a huge favourite against one of the bottom 3.

I'm still having a hard time envisioning them making the playoffs. They have a ton of road games left and haven't had the killer west coast trip yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Shows how sad the east is. The 1st round is pretty much a foregone conclusion in the east unless Indiana finishes top 3 and even they would be a huge favourite against one of the bottom 3.

I'm still having a hard time envisioning them making the playoffs. They have a ton of road games left and haven't had the killer west coast trip yet.

yeah, but look who their competition is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Buddha said:

yeah, but look who their competition is.

This is probably the same thing that the competition is saying about the Pistons.  And rightfully so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Blake Griffin deserves to be in the playoffs even if it's a sweep. Not for Gores and his playoff gates or anything else. Just want to see Blake's good season 'rewarded.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kdog said:

I think Blake Griffin deserves to be in the playoffs even if it's a sweep. Not for Gores and his playoff gates or anything else. Just want to see Blake's good season 'rewarded.'

In a world where Andre Drummond is making 8 FTs in one game, anything is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, kdog said:

I think Blake Griffin deserves to be in the playoffs even if it's a sweep. Not for Gores and his playoff gates or anything else. Just want to see Blake's good season 'rewarded.'

If people have tuned the Pistons out, they should tune in just to watch Griffin work. He has been nothing short of phenomenal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kdog said:

I think Blake Griffin deserves to be in the playoffs even if it's a sweep. Not for Gores and his playoff gates or anything else. Just want to see Blake's good season 'rewarded.'

 

2 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

If people have tuned the Pistons out, they should tune in just to watch Griffin work. He has been nothing short of phenomenal. 

 

He has certainly been as advertised and a true pleasure to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casimir said:

He has certainly been as advertised and a true pleasure to watch.

Can he inspire RJ & Drummond to play "smart"? Because that is the key, IMHO.

Among other things (health, bench, weak competition, etc.)... but that one is a key reason I'm happy he's on the team. That hopefully Drummond will "get the message"...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I guess a player could just "lose control of the ball" all the way down the court without ever putting it on the floor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't sure how I felt about the refs having a Twitter account and interacting with fans.  But watching that exchange unfold was pretty funny.  The refs handled themselves well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Can he inspire RJ & Drummond to play "smart"? Because that is the key, IMHO.

Among other things (health, bench, weak competition, etc.)... but that one is a key reason I'm happy he's on the team. That hopefully Drummond will "get the message"...

Seems like a tall task.  I don’t necessarily feel that the most talented player needs to be the leader, nor do I think that everyone has the capacity to be led.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ditto everything above on Griffin.  He is the sole reason I am not all in on the Pistons tanking (although I am about 80% in).  I would have tanked in a heartbeat in previous seasons but I feel Griffin deserves the effort by the organization to try and win.  He is playing great.  And he is not sulking or demanding a trade, at least not yet.  He could easily do what Jimmy Butler, Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis, or any number of great players in the NBA do when they don't like their situation...demand a trade. There is something endearing about just playing hard every night for your franchise and fans in hopes that eventually the team turns it around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stanley was 0-2 in five minutes with a -5.

How much does the Drew League pay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...