Sydney_Fife

Game 55: Wizards @ Pistons

Looks like they’ve got this one in hand. Good win if you’re trying to make that playoff push. 

• Like 1

The Pistons gameplan defensively down the stretch is mind boggling. GIVE THEM THE LAYUP! Why are we giving up wide open threes?

Pistons win. They win the season series against Washington for the first time since 12/13

Charlotte loses. They’re .5 game back of the 7 seed. 

Nets in Toronto. Miami in Denver. 

Brooklyn up 3 with 40 seconds left. They give up a three, Harris bricks a shot, Leonard game winner. 

Pistons 1.5 back of the Nets. Half game back of Charlotte. 

Pistons in Boston Wednesday. Celtics will be on the end of a back to back with travel from Philly. Irving is iffy. 

Only game tomorrow is Orlando at the Pelicans. Busy day Wednesday. Only game Thursday is Hornets/Magic. 

Then a much needed week off. 

at this rate they might get the 6 seed and end up with the 40-42 wins a lot of people predicted.  lol.

i'd love to see them match up with indiana in round 1.

25 minutes ago, Buddha said:

at this rate they might get the 6 seed and end up with the 40-42 wins a lot of people predicted.  lol.

i'd love to see them match up with indiana in round 1.

Shows how sad the east is. The 1st round is pretty much a foregone conclusion in the east unless Indiana finishes top 3 and even they would be a huge favourite against one of the bottom 3.

I'm still having a hard time envisioning them making the playoffs. They have a ton of road games left and haven't had the killer west coast trip yet.

13 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Shows how sad the east is. The 1st round is pretty much a foregone conclusion in the east unless Indiana finishes top 3 and even they would be a huge favourite against one of the bottom 3.

I'm still having a hard time envisioning them making the playoffs. They have a ton of road games left and haven't had the killer west coast trip yet.

yeah, but look who their competition is.

5 hours ago, Buddha said:

yeah, but look who their competition is.

This is probably the same thing that the competition is saying about the Pistons.  And rightfully so.

I think Blake Griffin deserves to be in the playoffs even if it's a sweep. Not for Gores and his playoff gates or anything else. Just want to see Blake's good season 'rewarded.'

8 minutes ago, kdog said:

I think Blake Griffin deserves to be in the playoffs even if it's a sweep. Not for Gores and his playoff gates or anything else. Just want to see Blake's good season 'rewarded.'

In a world where Andre Drummond is making 8 FTs in one game, anything is possible.

35 minutes ago, kdog said:

If people have tuned the Pistons out, they should tune in just to watch Griffin work. He has been nothing short of phenomenal. 

38 minutes ago, kdog said:

2 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

If people have tuned the Pistons out, they should tune in just to watch Griffin work. He has been nothing short of phenomenal. 

He has certainly been as advertised and a true pleasure to watch.

1 hour ago, Casimir said:

He has certainly been as advertised and a true pleasure to watch.

Can he inspire RJ & Drummond to play "smart"? Because that is the key, IMHO.

Among other things (health, bench, weak competition, etc.)... but that one is a key reason I'm happy he's on the team. That hopefully Drummond will "get the message"...

So I guess a player could just "lose control of the ball" all the way down the court without ever putting it on the floor.

I wasn't sure how I felt about the refs having a Twitter account and interacting with fans.  But watching that exchange unfold was pretty funny.  The refs handled themselves well.  

3 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Can he inspire RJ & Drummond to play "smart"? Because that is the key, IMHO.

Among other things (health, bench, weak competition, etc.)... but that one is a key reason I'm happy he's on the team. That hopefully Drummond will "get the message"...

Seems like a tall task.  I don’t necessarily feel that the most talented player needs to be the leader, nor do I think that everyone has the capacity to be led.

Ditto everything above on Griffin.  He is the sole reason I am not all in on the Pistons tanking (although I am about 80% in).  I would have tanked in a heartbeat in previous seasons but I feel Griffin deserves the effort by the organization to try and win.  He is playing great.  And he is not sulking or demanding a trade, at least not yet.  He could easily do what Jimmy Butler, Kyrie Irving, Anthony Davis, or any number of great players in the NBA do when they don't like their situation...demand a trade. There is something endearing about just playing hard every night for your franchise and fans in hopes that eventually the team turns it around.

Stanley was 0-2 in five minutes with a -5.

How much does the Drew League pay?