Sydney_Fife

Game 55: Wizards @ Pistons

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

9th seed will have a 9% chance of moving into the top 10 and 2% of landing #1.  Better than the 0% chance the Pistons have of winning a playoff series.  

If they somehow match up with Indiana, I'd give the Pistons a better shot than 0%.

9 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

If they somehow match up with Indiana, I'd give the Pistons a better shot than 0%.

It would be fun watching Indiana beat them 4-1 without Oladipo.  

Even better when people realize Myles Turner is better than Andre.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It would be fun watching Indiana beat them 4-1 without Oladipo.  

Even better when people realize Myles Turner is better than Andre.  

It would be nice if he played a full season. He has looked good defensively.

But yeah, better than 0% chance of beating Indiana. 

58 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

It would be nice if he played a full season. He has looked good defensively.

But yeah, better than 0% chance of beating Indiana. 

As much fun as it is to say they have a 0% chance of beating team X, the odds of the 8 seed beating a 1 seed are probably around 8%. For the 7 seed, probably close to 12%.

It obviously depends on the relatively strength of the 1-2 seeds and 7-8 seeds each year, so it’s impossible to say for sure. But even the worst playoff team has some chance of advancing. 

Championship odds of course are zero. So if the goal is championship or bust, then by all means tank. 

Personally, I’m not in any rush for the pistons to become championship contenders. It doesn’t mean much to me if they hit rock bottom next year or three years from now. True contention is so far away that it doesn’t really matter to me. So from my standpoint, just make those playoffs and give us a couple weeks to experience some playoff basketball. 

If the Pistons never become a Championship contender again in my lifetime, I'd be fine with it. I've already experienced two different dynasties in my relatively short life thus far (was only in my 20s for the Going to Work era) so I had already filled my Pistons fan quota at an early age.  The Lions on the other hand..... Sheesh, at least give me more than one damn playoff win in my lifetime.

Pistons rolling early. Washington plays no defense. Our bigs are getting so many layups. 

Really nice start from the 4 Piston starters. Galloway is just really bad. They need to figure out that spot to replace Bullock

Pistons playing like they expect to win. Never a good sign. Gotta play defense. 

I would ride Griffin for 40-42 minutes tonight. Big game. Lot of off days recently + ASB coming up. 

Pistons need this one