Sydney_Fife

Game 55: Wizards @ Pistons

7:10 tip. 

Big game. Wizards have dominated the Pistons in recent years. We have lost the season series each of the last 5 seasons. 

Stefanski is starting to make me believe. He made 2 nice second round selections. Did what he could with this summer’s money. Did well at the deadline. 

Please play Svi Mykhailiuk.  I am intrigued and one of the few reasons I would tune into a Pistons game right now.    

• Like 1

Heat on a 24-2 run and they’re blowing the Warriors out in the first quarter. 

Warriors can’t make a shot. Heat can’t miss. 

Unbelievable. 

Miami is the only team in the league that has a losing home record and a winning road record

They are road warriors. Just cruising in the bay. 

Kevin Durant has missed 4 free throws. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him miss one until tonight. 

Warmed my heart to see Stanley Johnson be -15 in 8 scoreless minutes. 

And it was for the Pelicans, my second favorite team. I want them to tank for a chance at Zion. 

3 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Justise Winslow lighting it up. 

Nice pick, Stan. 

Worst part is Winslow was the obvious pick.  Might have been the only pick he had were there was wide consensus on who the best prospect available was.  He got off to a slow start with his career but is starting to come around.

Foul with .1 on the shot clock. Back to back awful turnovers. 6 free points for Miami. 

Warriors up 2 with 5 seconds left. Miami specializes in these kind of games. They way they’ve shot tonight, it would be fitting for a bomb to go here. 

The bomb does not go. Miami loses a heartbreaker by 2 in the bay. 

Pistons tied for a playoff spot. 

Miami has to fly to Denver and play in the altitude tomorrow. A brutal 48 minute game then having to go play the next night is rough. 

Denver has lost 3 in a row. Hopefully they come out hungry. 

Washington doesn't have angry John Wall to whoop up Reggie Jackson like he usually does.

The Wizards play ZERO defense.  But they get up and down the court quickly and just try to outscore you.  It usually doesn't work.  Having Portis and Jabari off the bench isn't a bad second unit as long as all you want to do is score and don't worry about defense.

Backing our way in to that first round sweep and a bad draft pick. Go Pistons! I suppose it's better than the alternative (9th seed).

Hoping to see some more Svi, Thon, and Kyrie. Some midseason excitement to see how these guys can fit in now that Stanley and Bullock are out.

13 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Miami is the only team in the league that has a losing home record and a winning home record

I believe it would make them the first team in recorded history to have both a losing and a winning home record.

29 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Backing our way in to that first round sweep and a bad draft pick. Go Pistons! I suppose it's better than the alternative (9th seed).

9th seed will have a 9% chance of moving into the top 10 and 2% of landing #1.  Better than the 0% chance the Pistons have of winning a playoff series.  

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

9th seed will have a 9% chance of moving into the top 10 and 2% of landing #1.  Better than the 0% chance the Pistons have of winning a playoff series.  

Can't argue with that.

Satoransky out tonight for Washington. They'll be playing their 3rd string PG with the 4th string off the bench.