Sydney_Fife

Game 55: Wizards @ Pistons

12 hours ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

Can he inspire RJ & Drummond to play "smart"? Because that is the key, IMHO.

No.

They are adults.  It is incumbent upon them to change to improve their game, and that sort of a 'take a hard look at oneself' change has to come from within, not some obligation to a teammate.

All Blake can do is set an example.

for whatever reason, something has gotten into Drummond. His gamescores from game 20 to 40 averaged about 12.5. Since then he is averaging more than 20.

13 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

No.

They are adults.  It is incumbent upon them to change to improve their game, and that sort of a 'take a hard look at oneself' change has to come from within, not some obligation to a teammate.

All Blake can do is set an example.

But that's what I mean... Not as an obligation, but as an inspiration based on the example Blake sets. In fact I used the word inspiration for a reason.

Can he watch what Blake does on the court, in his preparation, listen to words of advice from a respected teammate, and come to the conclusion: "Hmmm... maybe I should take this more seriously, and not try to overdo it, and make smarter plays..."

Of course he has to decide himself. 

But Blake is setting the example.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I have my doubts that Andre and Reggie would change based on inspiration from / being inspired by Blake, and I'll leave it at that.

I certainly have my doubts too... the past 7 years of Andre have finally put me against him, especially how this year started out...

But... any glimmer of hope... (says the eternal optimist...)