Sydney_Fife

Game 54: Knicks @ Pistons

7 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Miami is at Warriors, Nuggets, Mavs, 76ers their next 4. Then play the Pistons

That looks like a six game losing streak for the heat right there. 

The Kings are a decent team now.  Miami doesn't have the horses anymore.

Why do I have a bad feeling the Pistons will finish the second half strong and not make any majors moves this offseason towards tanking or trading away their big salaried players?  I don't know if it would be better for the Pistons to make the playoffs or to tailspin out of the playoff conversation so Gores isn't fooled into thinking he has a good roster.  

8 minutes ago, Hart said:

Why do I have a bad feeling the Pistons will finish the second half strong and not make any majors moves this offseason towards tanking or trading away their big salaried players?  I don't know if it would be better for the Pistons to make the playoffs or to tailspin out of the playoff conversation so Gores isn't fooled into thinking he has a good roster.  

Who will take the big salaries players?

5 hours ago, Shelton said:

That looks like a six game losing streak for the heat right there. 

Miami has played very well on the road this year. But that’s a brutal back to back at GSW then at Denver, especially with the altitude in Denver. Doesn’t get any more difficult than that. 

The Pistons have a big game on Monday. They need to beat the Wizards and get the tiebreaker. They haven’t won the season series against Washington since 12/13. 

5 hours ago, Shelton said:

Who will take the big salaries players?

Jackson is an expiring contract...he should not be that hard to move, especially if he continues to play well.  I also think there are a lot of teams that would take Drummond, no matter what Piston fans feel about him.  He is no longer a free throw liability and he can put up close to 20 points and 15 rebounds a game; those kind of players don't grow on trees.  Heck, if we didn't have Griffin, I would still maybe try to keep him and hope a coach could get him to stop making the bonehead plays.  Drummond's biggest enemy is himself.  He is a head case and he often tries to be a player he should not be.  But if he would simply leave the offense to others and be a cleanup guy and finisher, he is a very valuable player.  

27 minutes ago, Hart said:

Jackson is an expiring contract...he should not be that hard to move, especially if he continues to play well.  I also think there are a lot of teams that would take Drummond, no matter what Piston fans feel about him.  He is no longer a free throw liability and he can put up close to 20 points and 15 rebounds a game; those kind of players don't grow on trees.  Heck, if we didn't have Griffin, I would still maybe try to keep him and hope a coach could get him to stop making the bonehead plays.  Drummond's biggest enemy is himself.  He is a head case and he often tries to be a player he should not be.  But if he would simply leave the offense to others and be a cleanup guy and finisher, he is a very valuable player.  

Jackson is expiring? I don’t think that’s true. 

43 minutes ago, Hart said:

But if he would simply leave the offense to others and be a cleanup guy and finisher, he is a very valuable player.  

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

Jackson is expiring? I don’t think that’s true. 

BR says he signed for 5 years in 2015, so I guess he should be an expiring next season.

12 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

BR says he signed for 5 years in 2015, so I guess he should be an expiring next season.

That is what I was referring to.  Starting this offseason, Jackson only has 1 year left so if we can't move him this summer, we should at least be able to move him by the 2020 deadline.  But I would think he could be moved this summer once certain teams with cap space miss out on the big free agents.