Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Pistons trade Bullock to the Lakers

This tells me that the Pistons were not confident in their ability to re-sign Bullock. 

The Pistons’ playoff chances just took a massive hit. Who the **** is going to shoot the ball?

1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

The Pistons’ playoff chances just took a massive hit. Who the **** is going to shoot the ball?

It’s the perfect time for Drummond to start jacking the 3s he touted he’s greatly improved upon during the off-season. I’m only half-joking. 

Heard great things about Svi. Good trade, hope it's all they do.

6 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

This tells me that the Pistons were not confident in their ability to re-sign Bullock. 

Svi can shoot. Svi for 3!

He played 4 years at Kansas and his career average from three was 40%.  Solid number.  

With the way the Pistons develop young talent, we will have him shooting sub 30% in no time.  

At least they got something for Bullock.  They were almost certain to lose him this summer in free agency.  

Pistons didnt have the cap room to re-sign him as he will get at least an Ish or Galloway sized deal. Kennard needs to step up.

They also get a 2.5 million exemption, and also are below luxury tax.

Looks like Svi can shoot and we got an extra 2nd as well, for a guy we were renting for a couple months...can’t complain about that. Just hope it’s not the last move we make. 

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

They weren't going to re-sign him so they needed to get some value or lose him.for nothing. This is something that SVG failed to do with Monroe and KCP.

Also, it's not a playoff race, it's a turtle race. What exactly are they holding on to with Bullock?

Hopefully they either do nothing now or swap out a bad contract for a slightly better bad contract. Do not deal the 1st or Kennard.

23 minutes ago, NYLion said:

They weren't going to re-sign him so they needed to get some value or lose him.for nothing. This is something that SVG failed to do with Monroe and KCP.

Also, it's not a playoff race, it's a turtle race. What exactly are they holding on to with Bullock?

Hopefully they either do nothing now or swap out a bad contract for a slightly better bad contract. Do not deal the 1st or Kennard.

They’re holding on to their only consistent quality shooter. If the goal is maximizing Blake’s window, why are we selling off our better guys?

Ish could be next. Calderon and Brown could fill in backup PG minutes + Whitehead and Lucas are around.  

4 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

They’re holding on to their only consistent quality shooter. If the goal is maximizing Blake’s window, why are we selling off our better guys?

Maximize what window? This team sucks, they need to blow it up. I hope they do.

1 hour ago, cruzer1 said:

You know they aren’t going to blow it up, though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Ain't no 8th seed party like a Detroit 8th seed party, cuz a Detroit 8th seed party don't stop....  

Well, it does after about 4 games.

• Like 1

I have no issue with the trade itself. My issue is that it seems to be the waving of a white flag.

We didn't use Bullock's contract/rights in a package to make a serious move, so we've taken this deal to at least get something for him. That tells me we weren't bold enough in the market or willing to take the risks to move this team in one direction or the other. Instead, we did the safe thing and so we'll sit here in the middle of the road watching the team go nowhere from the 9th/10th spot. No playoff potential and no draft lottery potential. The very definition of NBA purgatory.

It's time for Pistons' management to sack up and make a decision, but sadly for the fans it appears they're happy being slightly less than mediocre indefinitely.

5 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

They aren’t blowing it up, lol.