Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Game 53: Pistons @ Knicks

7:40 tip. 

Pistons 2-4 on zero days rest. But 2-2 when Griffin plays. He’s rested in 2 of their losses.

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

The Pistons just finished a rugged 33 game stretch of schedule. They went 11-22. 21 of those games were against opponents .500 or above. 

Their last 30 games are very easy. 13 home, 17 away but the quality of opponents is very low. Now, the Pistons have traditionally struggled against inferior competition. So nothing is to be taken for granted. 

But look at Miami. Third toughest. Brooklyn. Fourth toughest. Charlotte. Fifth toughest. Pistons? 28th toughest. 

Make the damn playoffs. 

Pistons have now beaten: 

Golden State, Denver, Houston, @ Toronto, Boston, Philly, and the @ Clippers. 

Thats 7 good wins. 

Bad losses? 

Atlanta at home. Pelicans at home. Blew some big leads/collapsed in the fourth in some other ones. 

The Knicks have lost 13 straight games. They’re 2-24 in their last 26. 

They have lost 14 straight at home. Worst stretch in team history. Last home win was December 1 

Oh boy. 

The Knicks are possibly the worst run organization in all of sports.  Nobody does less with more than the Knicks.  

Here is how bad the Knicks are as an organization.

10 years they have paid the luxury tax.  In those 10 years they made the playoffs twice, missed them 8 times.  They won one playoff series.  Their overall record in those 10 years, 324 wins and 496 losses.  All 10 years combined, they have paid $248.5M in luxury tax payments.  

5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The Knicks are possibly the worst run organization in all of sports.  Nobody does less with more than the Knicks.  

Yeah, at least teams like Detroit can say they are a mid to small market team that can't attract free agents. The Knicks have even squandered their geographic advantage. 

6 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Actually, they do less with less.  When was the last time the Knicks had what would be considered a talented roster?  The Melo and shell of former self Stoudemire teams? 

The thing is that the Knicks act like they are the center of the NBA universe so every free agent superstar would love to play in "The Worlds' Most Famous Arena" when in reality, they've struck out on just about every big free agent. Add in their laughable front office hires with a laughable drafting record and you have the worst run team in the NBA of the last 20 years.

I disagree about worst run organization in sports today.  I'm not sure if you know much about hockey but look up the Edmonton Oilers (my #1 team unfortunately) of the last 10 years and you'll see decade long futility that's virtually unmatched outside of one good year. They now have the Lebron of the NHL on their team the last 4 years and they still can't climb out of the basement.

This is a random question and I don’t know why I’m posting it here, but who was the poster back in the day that was both a Celtics fan and a giants fan? I recall an avatar with both of those logos, and a third one that I forget. 

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

This is a random question and I don’t know why I’m posting it here, but who was the poster back in the day that was both a Celtics fan and a giants fan? I recall an avatar with both of those logos, and a third one that I forget. 

bishop is a jets fan and a university of miami fan, not sure about anyone being a giants/celtics fan.  rather random mashup.

22 minutes ago, Buddha said:

bishop is a jets fan and a university of miami fan, not sure about anyone being a giants/celtics fan.  rather random mashup.

Yeah, that’s why it stood out to me. 

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

Actually, they do less with less.  When was the last time the Knicks had what would be considered a talented roster?  The Melo and shell of former self Stoudemire teams? 

The thing is that the Knicks act like they are the center of the NBA universe so every free agent superstar would love to play in "The Worlds' Most Famous Arena" when in reality, they've struck out on just about every big free agent. Add in their laughable front office hires with a laughable drafting record and you have the worst run team in the NBA of the last 20 years.

I disagree about worst run organization in sports today.  I'm not sure if you know much about hockey but look up the Edmonton Oilers (my #1 team unfortunately) of the last 10 years and you'll see decade long futility that's virtually unmatched outside of one good year. They now have the Lebron of the NHL on their team the last 4 years and they still can't climb out of the basement.

They have had such little talent because of how poorly managed they are. 

My less with more comment had nothing to do with their roster/talent.  It was what DC alluded to, they have huge advantages being located in NYC and don't take advantage of them. 

They have sucked for decades and MSG still sells out every night.  It's a very desirable location for a wealthy person their 20's.  I assume they have a very lucrative local TV contract.  They can afford to spend if need be.  If the NBA was a 100 yard dash, New York and LA have a 20 yard head start on the entire league.  

Pistons hot early. Griffin with 14. 

Calderon and draft bust Stanley enter with a 12 point lead. 

Casey is hot at Andre as he pisses away the final possession of the quarter. 

He takes multiple dribbles and instead of passing it to a guard for a last second shot, takes it himself. A contested three 

What a ******* joke. 

Langston Galloway defends like a ******* pylon. 

Dudes just blow past him. He’s worse than Jackson. 

The Knicks are getting whatever they want. Scoring at will. 

Bench looks atrocious. Galloway gets beat every play. 

The Knicks are scoring at will. It’s a conga line to the rim. 

Pistons up one

Bench was atrocious.