LooseGoose

2019 Bold Predictions Thread

26 minutes ago, mightytyke said:

Cameron will go north with the team to start the year. 

I think JaCoby gets until the All Star break to show what he can do.  

And I think Jacob Robson gets the call before Daz.

The Tigs will have the best bullpen in baseball.

Daniel Norris will be our new ace.

By June 1st, our Starting OF will be Jacob Robson, Daz Cameron, and Jacoby Jones. Stewart will be the full time DH.

Funkhouser,  Houston,  E.Jimenez, Voelker, and Garcia, will all make the Big League Club. 

7 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I think JaCoby gets until the All Star break to show what he can do.  

And I think Jacob Robson gets the call before Daz.

Yeah - Robson is one of those guys they will give one shot to, and he doesn't catch 'lightning in a bottle" as Sparky used to say, he will be gone.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:33 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

You are wrong.  Jake Robson is going to be the Rookie Of The Year in the American League.......in 2020.  

For whom? 😏

12 hours ago, chasfh said:

For whom? 😏

The Montreal Rays.

John Hicks will be the AL MVP this year. Is that bold enough?

Greene will be traded at the deadline.  Jimenez will be the closer the rest of the way with Huston as the set up man. 

13 minutes ago, mightytyke said:

Greene will be traded at the deadline.  Jimenez will be the closer the rest of the way with Huston as the set up man. 

If he pitches well enough for anyone to want him, which is not a given.

On 2/12/2019 at 4:40 PM, Shelton said:

Sure, but what else is he going to say? If we are lucky we can see how this all plays out and which one of us is proven correct. 

when the tigers signed Ross, Avila sort of lumped them together and said they needed depth based on injury concerns for their starters. Fulmer, Zimmermann, and Norris are all injury risks. So talking up a guy’s ability to be a starter doesn’t mean a whole lot to me. Of course they would want a guy they think can be a starter. 

We are simply on opposite sides of Moore/Norris situation. I think Moore needs to significantly outpitch Norris to claim the spot, barring injuries of course. 

I think Norris will he traded early in the season. The easy pick is if Moore starts and is effective, he will be traded. Just like Mike Fiers.

16 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

I think Norris will he traded early in the season. The easy pick is if Moore starts and is effective, he will be traded. Just like Mike Fiers.

I see no reason or scenario where Norris is traded.  Either he takes a step forward and looks to fulfill his promise in which case he is exactly the type of guy the Tigers would hold on to, or he continues to struggle and takes a step back which means nobody would want to trade for him.  

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I see no reason or scenario where Norris is traded.  Either he takes a step forward and looks to fulfill his promise in which case he is exactly the type of guy the Tigers would hold on to, or he continues to struggle and takes a step back which means nobody would want to trade for him.  

yeah - I also think feast or famine is the most likely scenario for Norris.

15 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

If we whiffed on Derek Hill, Beau Burrows and Alex Faedo, I boldly predict that I’ll be pissed.

Fenech reported Faedo is getting a lot of attention from the brain trust. That could mean that he has shown up but the fastball still hasn't.

53 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Fenech reported Faedo is getting a lot of attention from the brain trust. That could mean that he has shown up but the fastball still hasn't.

Read that too—would have been nice if Fenech had clarified that, but it would have required journalistic skills.

They 're trying to lower the spin rate experienced by Faedo's head as he rotates his noggin to follow the flight of the latest bomb he surrendered