Sydney_Fife

Game 51: Clippers @ Pistons

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

What happened we had a big lead? 

They were Boban'ed. Marjanovic had ten, LA wins by ten.  Do the math.

The Pistons choke, yet again. 

23 point lead with 5 minutes left in the third. 

They lose by 10 

Clippers with 80 bench points. 

A 51-18 run to end the game. 

18 points in 17 minutes for the Pistons. 

The Pistons blew tonight’s game. 

They blew a big lead against Utah. 

They blew a late lead against the Kings. 

They blew a late lead against the Hornets. 

What was the common factor? The offense dies. They can’t hit shots. 

The other team has a guy who gets hot and can’t miss. Hield, Kemba, Mitchell, Lou williams. 

The Pistons have played 51 games. 21 of them have been decided by 5 points or less. 

They are 10-11 in those games. 

Miami and Washington lose

The Pistons are still 2 games out. Could’ve been within one. 

Miami’s next 6: @ Portland, @ Kings, @ Warriors, @ Nuggets, @ Mavs, @ 76ers 

Pistons will lose Monday but then the schedule breaks. Finally. After over 2 months of being pretty brutal. 

56 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Miami and Washington lose

The Pistons are still 2 games out. Could’ve been within one. 

Miami’s next 6: @ Portland, @ Kings, @ Warriors, @ Nuggets, @ Mavs, @ 76ers 

Pistons will lose Monday but then the schedule breaks. Finally. After over 2 months of being pretty brutal. 

This team got worked by Atlanta.  They barely beat Dallas' bench.  They barely beat the Bulls earlier this year.

This team is bad.  Doesn't matter who they play.

Wow. Had to watch this one late, but what an epic meltdown. 

Can we make some trades now?

12 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

They were Boban'ed. Marjanovic had ten, LA wins by ten.  Do the math.

Did anyone else cringe when the Pistons' drunk owner interrupted Boban's post game interview for a hug and peck on the cheek?

12 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Galloway is guarding Lou 

Nobody was guarding Williams.

15 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I’m really not looking forward to Lou Williams torching Galloway again. Need to stagger Brown’s minutes and match him up when Lou is out there 

You called it.  This game is .... All.  Your.  Fault.

I didn't watch, but man that is an interesting box score.

80 points for the Clippers bench, 30 for the starters.  One starter in double digit scoring,  4 bench guys in double digits.  

Is there any team so bereft of talent?

Maybe I'm being overly harsh, but looking at current ability not potential

Blake: Great player

Andre: Talented but limited player

Bullock: Solid offensive player

Everyone else on the roster: Bad player

I mean, it's OK to have a couple bad players. Zaza is a fine bench big so maybe 'bad' is too extreme. But, wow. You put a lineup with something like Reggie - Brown - Stanley out there, you're a 60 point team over the course of a full game, and not even that good on defense. It's brutal.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pyrotigers said:

Is there any team so bereft of talent?

Maybe I'm being overly harsh, but looking at current ability not potential

Blake: Great player

Andre: Talented but limited player

Bullock: Solid offensive player

Everyone else on the roster: Bad player

I mean, it's OK to have a couple bad players. Zaza is a fine bench big so maybe 'bad' is too extreme. But, wow. You put a lineup with something like Reggie - Brown - Stanley out there, you're a 60 point team over the course of a full game, and not even that good on defense. It's brutal.

Yep.

if reggie is healthy he's not a bad player, he's an average player who would be a good asset coming off the bench and making $6 or $7 million.

but we paid him $18 million a year, he got hurt, and now he's a complete turnstile on defense and not good enough on offense to make up for it.  

when is the last time a player came to detroit via draft or free agency and got better?  drummond a little bit.  anyone else?

The Pistons have a great player in Griffin. A good player in Andre. And 5 decent role players. Jackson when healthy, Bullock, Ish, Zaza, and Kennard.

Brown and Thomas are prospects. Neither should be in the rotation.

That leaves 3 black holes in the nightly rotation. They need a small forward to start. A small forward off the bench. And a power forward off the bench.

Those were supposed to be Galloway, Leuer, and Johnson. And they all suck. I still think Leuer when healthy could be okay, but certainly not worth the 9.5 million he is signed for next season. GR III has been bad.

21 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

The Pistons have a great player in Griffin. A good player in Andre. And 5 decent role players. Jackson when healthy, Bullock, Ish, Zaza, and Kennard.

That leaves 3 black holes in the nightly rotation. They need a small forward to start. A small forward off the bench. And a power forward off the bench.

Those were supposed to be Galloway, Leuer, and Johnson. And they all suck. I still think Leuer when healthy could be okay, but certainly not worth the 9.5 million he is signed for next season. GR III has been bad.

Well, to be fair, expecting much out of that roster spot given the salary limitations is kind of tough.  But, yes, I think he has been pretty disappointing.

11 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I was probably too harsh on Ish, he's a decent backup, same with Zaza. I think Reggie and Kennard just are brutally terrible though.

Both are bad defensively, Reggie disastrously, Luke just bad.

Offensively you've got: Reggie - 40% from the field, 4 assists/2 turnovers.

Kennard: Just a shooter hitting 36% from three

I think Kennard has potential at least, he shot 42% from three last year, he's been hurt this year, I'm not writing him off. But Reggie, man, basically having one of his best years shooting from the outside and his overall numbers are still that bad? I don't know. That's a tough player to have on your roster at all, much less for how much he's making.

23 hours ago, Buddha said:

... when is the last time a player came to detroit via draft or free agency and got better?  drummond a little bit.  anyone else?

Chauncey.