Sydney_Fife

Game 51: Clippers @ Pistons

Wow. Memphis gets hosed at the end to boot. Not even the Charlotte announcers can sugarcoat that one. 

Absolute trash. 

Time to talk about Malik Beasley.  22 year old SG that was drafted the spot after Henry Ellenson.  I'm not going to bang on SVG for not drafting him, I don't think much was expected from him coming out of college.  But this is another case of a team developing it's young players while the Pistons never seem able to do that.

He was pretty bad his first two years in the league.  But this year he has turned himself into a nice 6th/7th man type of player.  Shooting 42% from three and averaging 11 points per game.  He will never be a star and might not even become a starter.  But they have developed a nice bench/rotation player from the 19th pick.  And their roster is full of young guys who have improved over the years, so this isn't a one off situation.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Time to talk about Malik Beasley.  22 year old SG that was drafted the spot after Henry Ellenson.  I'm not going to bang on SVG for not drafting him, I don't think much was expected from him coming out of college.  But this is another case of a team developing it's young players while the Pistons never seem able to do that.

He was pretty bad his first two years in the league.  But this year he has turned himself into a nice 6th/7th man type of player.  Shooting 42% from three and averaging 11 points per game.  He will never be a star and might not even become a starter.  But they have developed a nice bench/rotation player from the 19th pick.  And their roster is full of young guys who have improved over the years, so this isn't a one off situation.  

He would definitely start on this sorry team. 

Look at Van Gundy’s draft record. 

1. Takes Dinwiddie but cuts him, when he easily could’ve been kept around as the third PG 

2. Takes Johnson over Winslow, who was the very next pick. Also had Booker and Turner on the board. Atrocious pick. An F

3. Takes Kennard over Mitchell, the very next pick. Not a terrible pick. 

4. Takes Ellenson over Beasley, who was the very next pick. Bad pick, not atrocious. 

So good find but too early to give up on for nothing. Atrocious, decent, and bad. 

Get him off my TV screen. Bum!

• Thanks 1

Pistons haven’t swept the Clippers since 2008/2009 season. The season before LA drafted Griffin. 

I’m really not looking forward to Lou Williams torching Galloway again. Need to stagger Brown’s minutes and match him up when Lou is out there 

Pistons up 17-4. More energy tonight than the entire Dallas game. 

Have to keep up the energy. It won’t last 48 minutes. But this team is known to die in a hurry and surrender large leads. 

Pistons look hungry. Engaged. They look like they want to win this game. They’re up 32-15. 

Great start. But where the **** has this been the last 2 months? Sure, everything looks great when the shots fall. But it’s the energy and intensity that is so different to start this one.