RatkoVarda

Best Shape of His Life - 2019 Edition

On Daniel Norris:

“Light years ahead (of last year). He was showing me his workouts at TigerFest and his trainer had him kicking (a high target). Power in a pitcher or hitter is in his core, and he’s saying now it’s the best he’s felt in forever. It’s the first time we’ve had flexibility and strength in his lower half. Watching his workout, I said, ‘You’re going to have a heck of a year, young man.’ Because it’s all flowing together instead of trying to force it and restrict it. He threw good today. He feels good.”

Tigers pitching coach to Daniel Norris: ‘You’re going to have a heck of a year, young man’

12 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

On Daniel Norris:

“Light years ahead (of last year). He was showing me his workouts at TigerFest and his trainer had him kicking (a high target). Power in a pitcher or hitter is in his core, and he’s saying now it’s the best he’s felt in forever. It’s the first time we’ve had flexibility and strength in his lower half. Watching his workout, I said, ‘You’re going to have a heck of a year, young man.’ Because it’s all flowing together instead of trying to force it and restrict it. He threw good today. He feels good.”

Tigers pitching coach to Daniel Norris: ‘You’re going to have a heck of a year, young man’

Fenech posted some phone video of the pitchers throwing, Norris still falling over on his delivery.

53 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Fenech posted some phone video of the pitchers throwing, Norris still falling over on his delivery.

It can't be so, I read it on the intertubez that he's winning the Cyrus Young.

8 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

see you over in the Bold Predictions thread!

Don't eat the coney pizza.  

On 1/26/2019 at 4:36 PM, 1776 said:

Everything I’m reading suggests Milt Cuyler will head north with the Tigers this year.

He will share a seat on the plane with Skeeter Barnes.

OK, now you're talking!  Daniel Norris, the best he's ever felt.  Now we've got this thread turned around and moving in the right direction.

7 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

But how high is his leg kick?  Bruce Lee high?

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

OK, now you're talking!  Daniel Norris, the best he's ever felt.  Now we've got this thread turned around and moving in the right direction.

Well maybe not "ever" but close "in forever" - which is the longer time period?

From what I can tell from the photo, Cabrera is looking fit and trim!

22 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Dimaggio.jpg.84510478d41a6758888e7c9bc6cb6142.jpg

Sorry my friend but that's pretty clearly Joltin' Joe DiMaggio.

30 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

$25,000 so what's he got, one kid there?

• Like 1

**** yeah

LAKELAND, Fla.  — Keith Olson is 29 years old, and he has been practicing martial arts since he was 4. His parents had an academy in Florida, then moved to Johnson City, Tennessee, where they have run an academy for the past 22 years. Olson grew up with taekwondo, then got into Brazilian jiujitsu when he was 18. He went 7-1 as an amateur mixed martial arts fighter. Now he’s 2-1 as a professional.

Also on his résumé: He has trained a professional baseball player.

Three winters ago, the Tigers’ Daniel Norris walked into Olson’s Martial Arts Academy, located only a little more than a mile away from Norris’ old high school. Norris used to have some classes with Olson’s younger sister, and everyone in Johnson City has heard of the Olson academy.

On 2/15/2019 at 8:57 PM, tiger337 said:

The guy on the left is wearing the American uniform from the 1990's.  If he were Canadian the pants would be gray.

34 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

Just reading an article from Blue Jays camp - the ball makes a different sound off Vladdy Jr's bat.

The accent is different, eh?

2 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

Just reading an article from Blue Jays camp - the ball makes a different sound off Vladdy Jr's bat.

What sound does it make?  A trumpet?  

2 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

The guy on the left is wearing the American uniform from the 1990's.  If he were Canadian the pants would be gray.

grey pants (wool) with blue blazer is one full step up the formality chain from Khaki gabardine(polyester) and the blue blazer, which is one and one half steps up from the blue blazer over denim(cotton). Blue blazer a man's most egalitarian piece of clothing - plays in any venue.

Of course Canadian menswear has always played a level up from the US, at least outside of Philly or NY.

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

The accent is different, eh?

It makes that diffourent Juniour sound.

Freep with a story about Mize today also. I wish him luck with the "knuckle-slurve" though. I think you have to be careful throwing pitches where you have a finger up in the grip unless you hide the ball well because big league hitters can see it. I tend to think that is why Verlander quit on the change that he used to throw. There was always talk about whether signs were being stolen or that he was tipping it with his glove position or setup, but it was visible that he had one finger higher when he came over the top and I'd guess hitters started looking for that.