Sydney_Fife

Game 48: Pistons @ Mavericks

I don’t hate Galloway as a 5th guard  

But Johnson is flat out unplayable. He’s so ******* bad. 

The Pistons were off last night. 

They have 3 days off after tonight. 

Get Blake back out there now. The bench held serve. 

Classic Drummond. Possession to tie the game and we throw it away throwing to post him up. 

He literally took one dribble and lost it. 

Elementary. 

So Zaza gets a flagrant the other night for pulling Whiteside down by the arm. 

And that’s not a flagrant foul?

• Thanks 1

For the most part, the Pistons on offense just stand around on offense and wait for Blake to make a play. 

Mavericks are really shooting poorly.  They should have this game won by now.  

You can’t play Stanley and Dre when they’re doubling Blake like this. No spacing. 

The entire Dallas Mavericks organization collapsing on Griffin. 

Kleber buries the three. This one is over. 

Jordan pounds it on Dre. Dre blocked by Kleber at the rim. Doncic with the daggger. Game over. 

Vintage Pistons sequence. Jackson bricks the three to tie. Drummond gets smashed at the rim by a backup power forward. 

Stanley did a great job on Luka. Problem is he’s so unplayable offensively with Dre that it really didn’t matter. 

Pistons 21-27 heading into 3 days off. 

Great time to make trades. Please God almighty get Griffin some ******* help. 

Charlotte implodes in the fourth. They blow a 13 point lead and lose. 

Pistons still within 2 games of a playoff spot coming home. 

And there’s the play that encapsulates this team’s woes. 

Theyre down 5 with the ball. Chance to put pressure on dallas and make free throws. 

They don’t have a guard that can create any offense. So they dribble out the clock basically. Just ridiculous. 

Griffin goes for 37 and they lose. Again. They’ve lost NINE games where he’s gone for 30+

Blake carrying a bunch carcasses. It’s not enough. Get this guy some help. Next 4 games are losses so how’s that “win now” strategy working for you, Gores?

9 points in 8 minutes down the stretch for the Pistons. Not hard to figure out. The corpse of Jackson out there with Johnson and Drummond. 

It isn’t hard to figure out. This is a really awful team beside Blake. 

If you’re not getting him any help, they have to trade him. Watching these performances night in and night out is so frustrating. I can’t imagine how Blake feels. 

Stopping Doncic does you no good if you can’t score. Mavs swarmed Blake all night and you have Stanley out there with Dre. Nice spacing. He was 0-6 with 4 fouls. Does that help you?

12 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

Stopping Doncic does you no good if you can’t score. Mavs swarmed Blake all night and you have Stanley out there with Dre. Nice spacing. He was 0-6 with 4 fouls. Does that help you?

He played great defense but it doesn’t matter when you can’t score. I’d rather put Kennard on him and double and at least have a shot offensively. 

I really fear Griffin is going to demand a trade this summer unless they get him help. He’s been a top 10 player in the league this year. A superstar player this season. And we’re 21-27 in the East. 

Get him help or trade him. No standing pat. 

• Thanks 1

Griffin cannot do it all on his own. I am with people when they say get him help. 

Right after a hard fought loss. But man, this has to be taking a toll on Blake. The man is playing his heart out. He leads the NBA in touches. He has more touches than Harden and Giannis. 

You have to get him help. Tomorrow. Go get Conley. Please. 

The Pistons have 4 tough ones coming up. After that, their schedule the last 30 games is one of the easiest in the league. Perfect time to get Conley, get him comfortable, and make hay the last 30 games. Right before the ASB too. Go get him. For Blake’s sanity. Please. 

trading for mike conley puts you into salary cap **** for the next three years.  even more than you are now and likely deprives you of your first round pick, which is the cheap talent that is the only way to get out of this ****.   just a thought.

Blake just looks dejected out after losses.  Hard not to feel bad for him.

Another poor stat line for Kennard.  I put little blame on him though.  I don't think another team could squash a scorers confidence more than what the Pistons have done with him.  

While I would prefer to have cap flexibility, I don't think it is as crucial as others.  When we get cap space, we are just going to sign more players like Ben Gordon, Reggie Jackson, Langston Galloway, Charlie Villanueva, and John Leuer.  The biggest issue at this point is just getting rid of Drummond and Jackson to shake up the chemistry.  Plenty of other teams have similar issues with bad contracts and would be willing to trade with the Pistons, at least for Drummond.