Sydney_Fife

Game 48: Pistons @ Mavericks

8:40 tip. 

Drummond will return. Ish remains out. 

Pistons with a much needed 3 days off after this one. They’ll be home for 6 or 7 after tonight, with the one road game being at the Knicks. 

17 games in 30 days ends tonight for the Pistons. Much needed 3 day break. 

Good time to make a trade with 4 days off in the next 5 days.

7 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

17 games in 30 days ends tonight for the Pistons. Much needed 3 day break. 

Good time to make a trade with 4 days off in the next 5 days.

Any time is a good time to trade Jackson.  But I am very interested to see how he comes out tonight after Griffin blew off his post game clown show.  

41 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

that would tell me that theyre not in for conley.

and certainly not going to deal andre for anything that brings back a terrible contract like batum.

56 minutes ago, Buddha said:

and certainly not going to deal andre for anything that brings back a terrible contract like batum.

As opposed to a terrible contract like Dre?

38 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

2 more seasons of Batum on an awful contract vs 2 seasons left on Drummond's contract...yeah...give me Dre. 

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

Could mean Gasol is still in play though...

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Good time to catch Dallas.  Luka has struggled the past few games.

Luka's FG% and 3PT% has dropped every month this season. That is something to watch, because defenses are clearly realizing how dangerous he is. I'm curious to see how he responds. 

Brown on Luka? That leaves DSJ to destroy Jackson. Might see Brown on DSJ and Bullock on Luka.

5 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Brown on Luka? That leaves DSJ to destroy Jackson. Might see Brown on DSJ and Bullock on Luka.

Unleash Stanley.  

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

i would much rather have andre than take a risk on a 30 million plus deal for conley for 3 more years.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

i would much rather have andre than take a risk on a 30 million plus deal for conley for 3 more years.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.  

They are honoring the Bad Boys team later this year.  I wonder if Joe shows up.  I don't think he has shown up at any team events since being fired.  

7 minutes ago, Buddha said:

And a 31 year old PG with multiple injuries compounding is a massive risk. 

memphis has conley and gasol and a bunch of junk right now and theyre not very good.  conley and blake and a bunch of junk isnt good either.

i get that were in the east and that conley/blake might get us into the playoffs, but for that contract? no thanks.

now, if they wanted reggie and leuer and a pick?  id probably do that.  maybe.

I'd rather roll the dice on Conley or even take Batum (+stuff). I don't think people really understand the impact of the Center with the lowest efficiency in the league. Just add about a half dozen turnovers to our number every night and you'll start to get an idea of the impact his low IQ has on this team. Those are lost possessions every night. Rebounds have been good enough, even with Zaza starting and no backup Center. It's the easiest thing in the NBA to replace and no matter how many times Kelser talks about it, offensive rebounds aren't a difference maker in this league, especially when most of those are off of his own poor shot selection. Any disciplined team will nullify that edge in a meaningful game with simple fundamentals (boxing out) and then we get to watch Dre pout and put up terrible shots to try to get his stats. He's a cancer that needs to be removed one way or another.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I'd rather roll the dice on Conley or even take Batum (+stuff). I don't think people really understand the impact of the Center with the lowest efficiency in the league. Just add about a half dozen turnovers to our number every night and you'll start to get an idea of the impact his low IQ has on this team. Those are lost possessions every night. Rebounds have been good enough, even with Zaza starting and no backup Center. It's the easiest thing in the NBA to replace and no matter how many times Kelser talks about it, offensive rebounds aren't a difference maker in this league, especially when most of those are off of his own poor shot selection. Any disciplined team will nullify that edge in a meaningful game with simple fundamentals (boxing out) and then we get to watch Dre pout and put up terrible shots to try to get his stats. He's a cancer that needs to be removed one way or another.

Amen. 

35 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Unleash Stanley.  

Ok, now you're REALLY tanking 

:)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I really think Batum fills a need on this team. We need a small forward. He's a very average player but he helps us. We're playing Bruce Brown for God's sake. The kid has some nice potential defensively but he can't score at all. Batum can shoot it a little, play decent defense, pass, and give us some help on the boards.

Biyombo was good for Casey in Toronto. Throw in Monk and I think that's a great deal for Detroit.

2 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Ok, now you're REALLY tanking 

:)

You don't like my starting lineup of Jackson, Calderon, Stanley, Ellenson, and Leuer?  

Not like I want to play them 48 minutes each.  A good 40 will do.  

Just now, Deleterious said:

You don't like my starting lineup of Jackson, Calderon, Stanley, Ellenson, and Leuer?  

Not like I want to play them 48 minutes each.  A good 40 will do.  

I love it!

Zion here we come :)

Dre with that terrible hook. No rim. Nothing. Run out layup for Dallas. Good as a turnover.