kgeorge78

Projected lineup / Rotation 2019

I have no clue what the lineup will be opening day...

Can anyone guess?  Guess the Rotation?   Key bullpen pieces??

I don't want to make any projections until we find out what happens with Adrian Gonzalez.  That would change everything.  

1st - Who

2nd - What

3rd - I Don’t Know

LF - Why

CF -Because

P - Tomorrow

C - Today

SS - I Don’t Give a Damn

RF - Castellanos 

DH - Cabrera 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

I don't want to make any projections until we find out what happens with Adrian Gonzalez.  That would change everything.  

I'm really out of the loop, I wish I had known Gonzalez was doing this showcase I could have walked over and watched (guessing I would have had to sneak in?). 

12 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

I'm really out of the loop, I wish I had known Gonzalez was doing this showcase I could have walked over and watched (guessing I would have had to sneak in?). 

It's not going to be on live TV?  

This is a start:

c Hicks

DH  TBD Power Hitter (Gonzalez)

IF  Cabrera, Mercer, Paredes, Candelario

OF  Stewart, Robson, Goodrum

Bench  Greiner, Rodriguez, Jones,  Dixon

SP  Ross, Fulmer, Zimmerman, Boyd, Norris

RP Jimenez, Greene, Hardy,  Fernandez, Moore, VerHagen, Garrett

3 minutes ago, retiredsport said:

This is a start:

c Hicks

I hope you're wrong about:

Hicks - and that it's Greiner.

Gonzalez & Mercer - that they replace those names with younger players that might have an upside.

“SP  Ross, Fulmer, Zimmerman, Boyd, Norris”

I’m thinking the Tigers are looking at Moore over Norris as a starter at this point. Of course things can change through ST. In an unspoken way, I think these guys are in direct competition with each other. Except for the difference in their ages, their histories aren’t terribly different. I’ve been a fan of both. If both of these guys could get close enough to their full potential this year the Tigers would be well served. So many questions surrounding this pitching staff right now. All I ask at this point, as I do every year at this time, is for the guys to leave Lakeland healthy!

10 hours ago, retiredsport said:

This is a start:

c Hicks

What is this the start of?  A very, very sad story?

My guess is that Robson and Paredes start out the season in Toledo.  Jones will be the starting CF.  The 2B job is likely a platoon deal with field as the safe bet rather than a specific person or two as the leaders heading into camp.

Cabrera and Hicks might be the 1B/DH pieces with Greiner and a veteran catcher as the backstop tandem.

Personally I wouldn't count on Norris as a SP until I see it, so I would swap he and Moore for now.

5 minutes ago, Casimir said:

What is this the start of?  A very, very sad story?

You ain’t seen nothing yet. When we roll into June, Buck Farmer will be roundly recognized as, Ace of the Staff!

5 minutes ago, 1776 said:

You ain’t seen nothing yet. When we roll into June, Buck Farmer will be roundly recognized as, Ace of the Staff!

Spring is a time for optimism not nightmares.

Well, Jacob Turner isn’t available anymore.

22 hours ago, 1776 said:

Can't wait to see he and Cowart combine on a 5 hit shutout in a nothing game in August.

2 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Can't wait to see he and Cowart combine on a 5 hit shutout in a nothing game in August.

Casimir,

I applaud your optimism in thinking the “nothing” game will be as far out as August! 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Casimir,

I applaud your optimism in thinking the “nothing” game will be as far out as August! 👍

Oh, there will be plenty of nothing games before that.  It just seems like the ones in August are especially so because its in after the all star game and right before football.

This is definitely a year where I'm gonna be focusing on my fantasy team.  But Avila's recent comments do have me hoping that this organization might get serious about winning in 4 or 5 years.  Ya f'ing hoo.

The groundhog crawled out of its hole yesterday to look at the organization and declared 6 more years of a rebuild.

I firmly believe that Gordon Beckham will see far too many AB's in a Detroit Tiger uniform.  Of course... in this case...three would be "far too many" for my liking...but that's what I believe.

I hope we are done trading away and will start holding our assets.  So long as they remain assets.  

9 hours ago, Lei Pong said:

I firmly believe that Gordon Beckham will see far too many AB's in a Detroit Tiger uniform.  Of course... in this case...three would be "far too many" for my liking...but that's what I believe.

So you don't dream of Dan calling Mercer to Beckham to Miggy?

On 2/2/2019 at 9:29 PM, kgeorge78 said:

you know what the team isn't that horrible if the young guys step up and play ball

Actually, ..ALL the 'old' guys need to step up and play ball!

.. RE: Miggy, Zimmerman, Greene,  Ross, Hardy, Verhagen, Farmer...

I have no positive expectations for either Mercer or Moore.

17 minutes ago, Tigrrfan said:

Actually, ..ALL the 'old' guys need to step up and play ball!

.. RE: Miggy, Zimmerman, Greene,  Ross, Hardy, Verhagen, Farmer...

I have no positive expectations for either Mercer or Moore.

you might get some production from Miggy and Verhagen, who looked like he could be a breakthrough guy this year. The others - not so much. It's been a pattern with Zimmerman that he always feels healthy until he starts trying to pitch competitively again so I'm not looking for anything there. Greene and Farmer are what they are. Ross and Moore are just trade hopefuls, the better they do the more likely they are to be gone, which probably goes for Greene as well.

Beckham might have the most upside, but maybe also the lowest probability of reaching it. He was decent player until he started breaking down. But he is not that old, and if by some miracle he were to be healthy, he might be able to still play well,  but that's a real long shot. 

But given that of all the Tigers prospects, Cameron sounds like the only one even remotely likely to be knocking at the major league roster this year, they have lots of roster room on the 25 to take fliers on guys like Beckham, Ross, Moore. And if they move Castellanos that is even another roster spot. 2019 is a holding pattern season - i.e. a lost season. 

We could get positive surprises from the starting pitching out of some combination of Fulmer, Norris and Boyd, but they will not be able to score enough runs to win games even should they get some unexpected pitching.

5 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

So you don't dream of Dan calling Mercer to Beckham to Miggy?

Nightmares are dreams....

Greiner

cabrera

lugo

jeimer

mercer

stew

jacoby

nick

DH goodrum (opening day only)

hicks

rodriguez