Jump to content

Sydney_Fife

Game 47: Pistons @ Pelicans

Recommended Posts

Pistons within 2 of Charlotte and now 1.5 of Miami. 

Tough 5 game stretch coming up 

@ Dallas, Bucks, Dallas, Clippers, Nuggets 

Much needed 3 days off after Friday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Pistons within 2 of Charlotte and now 1.5 of Miami. 

Tough 5 game stretch coming up 

@ Dallas, Bucks, Dallas, Clippers, Nuggets 

Much needed 3 days off after Friday 

2-3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Memphis might be the worst team in the league right now. Hornets crushing them to open the third 

bulls were just blown out by the hawks.  at home.

two days after the bulls blew out the cavs.  in cleveland.

the cavs are the worst team.in the nba and it isnt really close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That speaks volumes of both players, and I don't think we should be surprised by it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not watched a ton of games all the way through.  I know basketball is a game of runs..., but every time the past few weeks I turn the game on the Pistons are ahead by 15 late in the game (mid 3rd q on, most have been mid 4th q) and end up either winning or losing on a last second shot.

I turn it on, 'oh they are winning pretty comfortably' watch a few minutes then change the channel, come back 5-10 minutes later and they are up by 4 or something.  I swear it is every game the past few weeks...every game I have seen, but they managed a win last night.  The last one I recall was the game they ended up losing on a last minute shot.

I feel like this team should be better than .500, not below by 5 games.  Not much better than .500, but a game or 2 over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When's the last time a player has come here and earned everyone's immediate respect and admiration as much as Griffin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

This is fantastic.  

Dwayne Casey has been most unimpressive in the areas that Blake cites as issues.  I understand his hands are tied by the roster he inherited, but he's not been an improvement over SVG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Casimir said:

That speaks volumes of both players, and I don't think we should be surprised by it.

I think a lot of people are surprised by Griffin, for a variety of reasons.

There are a lot of people who said Blake would completely break down this season. Instead, he is having one of the most complete seasons of his NBA career. He is playing like one of the best players in the NBA, and is taking ownership as a leader. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shelton said:

Sheed

In a lot of ways, I think Sheed came to the Pistons and immediately respected everyone around him for the first time.

Larry Brown, Chauncey, Ben, Rip...all of those guys were not going to let Sheed do whatever he wanted. They demanded excellence, and he fit right in line and took ownership of his role.

****, even half the guys on the bench were leaders guys respected (Elden Campbell, Lindsey Hunter, Big Nasty). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Blake Griffin is the best Piston since Isiah Thomas.

I'd take Grant Hill over him.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I think a lot of people are surprised by Griffin, for a variety of reasons.

There are a lot of people who said Blake would completely break down this season. Instead, he is having one of the most complete seasons of his NBA career. He is playing like one of the best players in the NBA, and is taking ownership as a leader. 

I am surprised by Griffin's health, especially considering how everything runs through him.  Maybe the different offseason workouts that he went through are paying dividends?  Maybe he's just been luckier?  I don't know.  Whatever the case, I'll gladly be wrong about what I thought about his durability.

As far as the leadership, he was around some good talent in Los Angeles for a bit, and the leadership might not have been as needed as it is now?  He may have had it in him, but the situation didn't dictate it as much as it does now?  I don't know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'd take Grant Hill over him.  

Agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

In a lot of ways, I think Sheed came to the Pistons and immediately respected everyone around him for the first time.

Larry Brown, Chauncey, Ben, Rip...all of those guys were not going to let Sheed do whatever he wanted. They demanded excellence, and he fit right in line and took ownership of his role.

****, even half the guys on the bench were leaders guys respected (Elden Campbell, Lindsey Hunter, Big Nasty). 

That was a great bench in that regard.  Its too bad McDyess was in Detroit a season too late.  Although, I guess, that Spurs series could have just as easily gone the other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2019 at 2:31 AM, Deleterious said:

This is fantastic.  

 

Yeah that was just bad timing.  Guys clown all the time in the TV interview after a win.  I know a lot of people hate Reggie.  I am middle of the road on him.  Do not love him or hate him.  This just gave the haters some serious fuel....even though it is a fairly common thing for guys to do after a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

Yeah that was just bad timing.  Guys clown all the time in the TV interview after a win.  I know a lot of people hate Reggie.  I am middle of the road on him.  Do not love him or hate him.  This just gave the haters some serious fuel....even though it is a fairly common thing for guys to do after a win.

There is plenty to criticize Reggie for, and this interview isn't even on the list.

The guy is physically damaged beyond repair and he has lost a significant amount of athleticism that made him an exciting player when he was in OKC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×