Sydney_Fife

Game 47: Pistons @ Pelicans

8:10 tip. 

This is a loss. The Pistons are 1-12 against the Pelicans in the last 13. They have not won in New Orleans since 2007 when they were called the Hornets. 

Please trade for Conley. I’m kinda meh on Gasol/Drummond. Wouldn’t go overboard to make that happen. But I’d be all over Conley. 

1 hour ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Please trade for Conley. I’m kinda meh on Gasol/Drummond. Wouldn’t go overboard to make that happen. But I’d be all over Conley. 

Conley would be huge.  Of course, he’s got to stay healthy, but same with the Blake. 

Conley makes $30 million a year for the next three years and is always always always injured.  You really want that?

If I'm getting Conley and they're getting Drummond and Stanley or Drummond and Kennard, we better be getting a pick back.

Done and done. You cannot continue down this path of surrounding a star player with garbage. You either trade Blake and tank or try to build around Blake. 

Go get Conley. Now. Jackson is finished. 

6 hours ago, Buddha said:

trading for conley is a huge risk.

I agree with this.  I am not giving up Kennard to get Conely.  Maybe if they took both Drummond and Jackson's contract off our hands and gave us Conley and Gasol, I would consider including Kennard.  But I could easily see Kennard becoming Booker/Reddick/Hield as soon as we trade him and he gets out of Casey's system.  

I don’t want to trade Luke either. But watching Reggie Jackson try to play PG is about as bad as it gets. Unless, as Del mentioned in another thread, you’re tanking. Then he’s perfect. 

Drummond and Ish out again tonight. 

The whole point is that when the Pistons traded for Blake, they were pushing all their chips to the center of the table. They were all-in to try to win now. 

Griffin needs help. It ain’t coming in free agency. And it probably isn’t coming in the draft. The obvious thing to do, yet again, is trade. 

The highest spot I can see them picking is sixth barring some incredible Cleveland-type luck/rigging. That isn’t netting them an impact player right away in this draft. Griffin needs help now, not in 2 years when he’s on an expiring deal and 33 years old. 

I watch every Pelicans game for the most part. 

Theyre a very bad defensive team. They’re a very bad fourth quarter and clutch time team.

Without Davis, this is a winnable game. But the Pistons showing up to play the Pelicans always brings out the best in all of their players. I’m sure tonight Jrue will shoot the lights out from three. Niko and Okafor will actually play some defense 

Pelicans 115-101

42 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

The whole point is that when the Pistons traded for Blake, they were pushing all their chips to the center of the table. They were all-in to try to win now. 

Griffin needs help. It ain’t coming in free agency. And it probably isn’t coming in the draft. The obvious thing to do, yet again, is trade. 

The highest spot I can see them picking is sixth barring some incredible Cleveland-type luck/rigging. That isn’t netting them an impact player right away in this draft. Griffin needs help now, not in 2 years when he’s on an expiring deal and 33 years old. 

I agree.   I know some advocate tanking but I would make a go of it with Griffin and restructure the rest of the roster, especially given we are in the East.  It has to start with trading Drummond for another overpaid starter a team wants to unload as much as we want to unload Drummond.  That guy will have flaws but I still say we should be able to get a decent player for him.  Insert Kennard in the starting lineup and tell him he must average over 15 shots per game.  Take Reggie out of the starting lineup and/or trade him next year when he is an expiring contract.  And then cross your fingers that the team will take a step forward on chemistry alone by getting Reggie and Andre out of the starting lineup.

Whatever happens, I have no confidence management or Casey will make the right moves.  But that is the direction I personally would go.    

Okafor has been playing well for the Pelicans and he’s dominating tonight. 

Pistons miss Andre. If they trade him, they’ll need a starting caliber big. Zaza is a backup. 

No team gives up more points on out of bounds plays late in the clock. Never fails. 

Pistons by 3. 

Blake to the bench. Here comes the Pelican run. 

I always thought Leuer was a decent backup big. That contract sucks, but it was that crazy summer of spending where everyone got a ridiculous deal. 

When healthy, he was a solid 10/5 guy with decent D.