Sign in to follow this  
RedRamage

Lions not playing an international game.... GOOD!

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2019/01/21/detroit-lions-wont-play-international-game-2019/2636494002/

Detnews has the above story that the Lions are not scheduled to play any of the 5 international games (1 in Mexico City, 4 in London).  All I can say is: Good!  I supposed the Mexico City game wouldn't be horrible, but I have no desire to have an early morning game.  I'd probably better than a late night game in that I could just tape it and watch it later, but I like my afternoon games.

I supposed there's a certain "Lion's aren't prestigious enough to warrant spot light games) and there's probably some truth to that, but it doesn't really bug me at all.  I remember one year not too long ago were only like half the Lions games were 1:00pm on a Sunday.  Hated that year.

But will they be drafted to participate in “Hard Knocks”? As I understand it, they are one of five teams that could be compelled to do so. (But so are the Giants, Raiders, and Redskins.)

Anyway, it would be karma if Patricia had to open up the whole operation to TV cameras. 

16 hours ago, Jason_R said:

But will they be drafted to participate in “Hard Knocks”?

Maybe... I don't think it would be all that interesting to viewers outside of the hardcore NFL fan, who'd watch the show no matter which team was picked, and Lions fans, which are probably not a HUGE segment of the population.

I don't know if there really are any compelling national level story lines with the Lions right now.

yeah the Lions are such a boring team to follow as a fan...I don't think they resonate at all nationally.

Last I heard the Raiders don't have a home for next year maybe that game will get moved internationally or better yet for the Lions maybe it will get moved to Ford Field and the Lions will get an extra home game. 

7 hours ago, RedRamage said:

Maybe... I don't think it would be all that interesting to viewers outside of the hardcore NFL fan, who'd watch the show no matter which team was picked, and Lions fans, which are probably not a HUGE segment of the population.

I don't know if there really are any compelling national level story lines with the Lions right now.

I don’t think for a moment that the Lions would be chosen, but I’d like to see the look on Patricia’s face if they were. 

Quinn is probably more secretive and paranoid than Patricia.  The guy gives up next to nothing about any of the interworkings.

13 hours ago, Jason_R said:

I don’t think for a moment that the Lions would be chosen, but I’d like to see the look on Patricia’s face if they were. 

I agree for the most part.  Now, *IF* the Lions were on it, would you watch?  I think I'd be interested to watch it.  I have zero interest in watching it for another team though.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:18 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Last I heard the Raiders don't have a home for next year maybe that game will get moved internationally or better yet for the Lions maybe it will get moved to Ford Field and the Lions will get an extra home game. 

Raiders will end up playing either in San Diego - or at Stanford.