IdahoBert

Breaking News......!

Yes, there will be game threads for Tiger games this year.  I am sure that many of you have have spent these last few months in a gnawing state of suspense, hoping that the reasoned analytic discussions and observations for which our game threads are famous will continue, and yes indeed they will. 

Keepleyland2 has confirmed that he will shoulder the glorious burden of doing the game threads in 2019.  I wish the payoff was as great as in the halcyon days of this site, when my life was like that scene in Jerry Maguire where there’s food in the kitchen, lines of coke in the living room, and hookers upstairs. Not enough ad clicks these days, though. Alas, he’ll just have to settle for the honor of doing good because it’s the right thing to do. Three cheers for Keepleyland2!

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Let me be the 1st to complain that the game thread isn't up early enough.

I've told bert already that I will do them watch people complain they are bland, get in a fight with rod allen and then have Davidsb finish the year 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I've told bert already that I will do them watch people complain they are bland, get in a fight with rod allen and then have Davidsb finish the year 

All worth it for the Machado level Cheddar you're raking in.

13 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

Those that have down game threads would like to tell you about the European vacations and Lake Tahoe mansion that come along with the gig, but that privacy policy that we signed stops us from giving too many details.

I don’t look forward to games as much as I do the idea that games are coming. Like the difference between the idea of having ultra-premium ice cream but expecting to end up with pus colored off-brand ice milk. The team surprised us for the first half of last season and hopefully some interesting fun things will come together and surprise us this time. 

6 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I don’t look forward to games as much as I do the idea that games are coming. Like the difference between the idea of having ultra-premium ice cream but expecting to end up with pus colored off-brand ice milk. The team surprised us for the first half of last season and hopefully some interesting fun things will come together and surprise us this time. 

I don't think it was much of a surprise as it was a weak schedule. 

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

The future of this team is in the minor leagues. However, I think the guys at the ML level have something to prove. There are a lot of “ifs” with this team in 2019. Norris, Fulmer, Boyd, and Cabrera could all surprise to the upside and this season could be entertaining. Who knows, Matt Moore may rediscover himself!  For the record, I expect ZERO from Zimmermann, Nada!  As of right now, I’m past ready to get started. 

Anxious to see where the prospects are assigned after ST.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1776 said:

The future of this team is in the minor leagues. However, I think the guys at the ML level have something to prove. There are a lot of “ifs” with this team in 2019. Norris, Fulmer, Boyd, and Cabrera could all surprise to the upside and this season could be entertaining. Who knows, Matt Moore may rediscover himself!  For the record, I expect ZERO from Zimmermann, Nada!  As of right now, I’m past ready to get started. 

Indeed this is the reason to care.  

6 hours ago, 1776 said:

Yeah - it could be interesting if some of the pitching were to come around - esp Fulmer and Norris - and then Mize might not be far off. Of course they may also all come to naught - but which way it's going to go should be up in the air at least until the ASG.

11 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Ain't no amount of Hershey's chocolate syrup to cover up the deficiencies of this team.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:19 PM, LooseGoose said:

Some people get all the luck.  He must be RAKING in the cash with all that work.

4 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

Some people get all the luck.  He must be RAKING in the cash with all that work.

tenor.gif?itemid=4846378