Sydney_Fife

Trade Andre Drummond

Just now, kdog said:

... You can't trade Jackson and Drummond unless you either take someone's crap or give up draft picks.

7 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Something of value... (for Drummond)... I personally say Batum and Kaminsky from the Hornets.

If this is realistic... it's one of the places I start.

Just now, kdog said:

... They'll churn the middle and bottom of the roster while these contracts start to run out...

I'd move Bullock if he nets a couple 2nds or a young player and a 2nd or, obviously anything better than that.

Leuer? Trade him. Attach Kennard with anyone and that nets us a 1st? Trade him. Stanley? Anything of value? Sure. Galloway should get us something. Ellenson (and GR III) throw him in anywhere we needed as a salary matchup, or otherwise. Gotta let Ish, Zaza, and Calderon walk. If RJ can't be traded in the offseason to a cap-seeking team, pay him to not play. Can we pay him off (at a lesser $ amount) to release him as a FA? Do it. Offered a prior 2nd round pick with lots of energy and not enough game, for anyone above? Take him.

Time to clear the deck.

Only one thing required: Gore's sign-off. But at this point... he's gotta see the writing on the wall. Doesn't he?

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

i think this current iteration of the pistons shows that svg the gm was worse than svg the coach.

the horrible gm moves and terrible misses in the draft have been well documented.

not that he was a great coach, but he did get this god awful mess of a team to the playoffs once and the offense had a decent foundation when reggie was running pnrs with andre.

now the offense is 100% blake or nothing.

Well, Reggie ran into too many health issues and seems to be less than half what he was at peak... That's a major issue for this team.

Misses in the draft were/ are the nail in the coffin though... so I'm not disagreeing....

It's been time to trade Dre for a long time. We've been saying it here for years, even before he signed a big contract. I'm happy to take some garbage back in return. Get that contract off the books.

29 minutes ago, Buddha said:

according to windhorst the pistons have been shopping drummond on and off all year and no one has shown any interest.

That's likely because they are asking for real value in return.  Once they get over the delusion that he'll return a good roster player/pick/prospect then they'll be able to offload him.

Did Windhorst elaborate on what they're asking for in return or was it just a generic "nobody has interest"?

21 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

It's been time to trade Dre for a long time. We've been saying it here for years, even before he signed a big contract. I'm happy to take some garbage back in return. Get that contract off the books.

Was never going to happen until Gores also came to that conclusion. For better or for worse.

And I don't like beating my head against a wall so... if the owner's only focus is making the playoffs, I won't agonize or wishful think for something that has 0% chance of happening. Until those odds change.

25 minutes ago, NYLion said:

That's likely because they are asking for real value in return.  Once they get over the delusion that he'll return a good roster player/pick/prospect then they'll be able to offload him.

Did Windhorst elaborate on what they're asking for in return or was it just a generic "nobody has interest"?

i havent heard.  i saw someone tweeting about it.

4 hours ago, NYLion said:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking it might be, too, although I wouldn't be shocked if other teams just don't want him at any price. I mean, they watch the games, too.

12 hours ago, Hart said:

Drummond for Otto Porter.  

That would be great, even if he is overpaid.  But Washington would laugh at us for even suggesting it. 

Washington is also one of the worst 3PT shooting teams in the league.  They arent trading a 40% three point shooter for a guy that can't shoot anywhere.  

Andre Drummond is shooting 13% from three this year.  Good thing he spent all that time working on it this summer.

To his credit, he takes less than one per game.  

You make 0% of all the 3s that you don't take.  Has that been factored into the 13%?

45 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Andre Drummond is shooting 13% from three this year.  Good thing he spent all that time working on it this summer.

To his credit, he takes less than one per game.  

Never go full Josh Smith. At least he's learned that.

2 hours ago, Betrayer said:

Never go full Josh Smith. At least he's learned that.

Progress.

22 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Gores doomed this organization. Something like this is what I assumed when I was talking about the missed opportunity to get DSJ. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if the meeting in CA a few weeks ago was to try to sway Gores to allow them to move Dre. 

23 hours ago, Sydney_Fife said:

next we'll hear Gores nixed a trade Stan had lined up to move Reggie and we will have to rehabilitate his GM legacy completely.

12 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

next we'll hear Gores nixed a trade Stan had lined up to move Reggie and we will have to rehabilitate his GM legacy completely.

a lot of this strikes me as someone talking to svg...

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

a lot of this strikes me as someone talking to svg...

I thought that was obvious.