Sydney_Fife

Trade Andre Drummond

The time has come. The contract was awful from the moment it was signed. Find a trade partner and get him out of here. It's Blake's team now. 

Tired of the low energy, no show games. Tired of the atrocious shooting nights. Tired of the low IQ plays. Tired of the stupid dribble drives and wild hooks. Tired of the stupid fouls. Tired of the non-existent defense. 

Just flat out and sick and tired of this guy. Call up MJ and take on Batum. Get Drummond out of here.

• Like 1

If they want value for him they wont be able to trade him.

If they hold their nose and accept some garbage back, he is movable.  

His playing style is obsolete and he is due about $80 million through 2020. 

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

If they want value for him they wont be able to trade him.

If they hold their nose and accept some garbage back, he is movable.  

They should take the garbage if the garbage has quicker expiring contracts.

andre could be very effective in charlotte with kemba.

find a point guard who can run a good pick and roll and a team willing to actually run that pick and roll and you'll find a good match for andre.

a team like the hawks with trae young might be a partner in the offseason.  bazemore and something for andre?

Drummond is what he is. Not a franchise player.

Reggie Jackson is trash, hot garbage BASURA to the extreme. Backup guard on a playoff team.

Tan Van Gundy was a one man smug disaster of Biblical proportions.

There is no one on this roster that provides excess value in relation to their contract.

Not.One.

Thats all the metrics you need to know.

They will win 39 games or so, only because of how wretched the East is and how wretched the NBA product is in general.

Awful to watch.

• Haha 1

I didn't hear the podcast, I'm just repeating what someone posted about it.

I guess Windhorst was on a podcast talking about the Pistons.  He said they are currently buyers.  He said most teams are buyers.

He also said the Pistons have made Drummond available on and off and nobody is interested.  

30 minutes ago, holygoat said:

Made Drummond available for what in return?

Something of value.

Like Del sad previously, they can definitely use him. But you're not taking back anything of value.

I personally say Batum and Kaminsky from the Hornets.

I'm on board with the Tank for Blake plan.

What I mean by that is... It's probably impossible or near impossible to trade Blake. He's stuck with us and vice versa. It's also abundantly apparent that he needs more help than what his current set of teammates can provide. So...

I say dump everyone making more than $2 mill. Everyone. That is possible to trade. Strip this team down, we're now In the Process.

Even with Blake.

Dre for Batum & Kaminsky? Do it. Someone wants Bullock? For a 2nd rounder or two (either currently on a roster or as future picks)? Yes. Galloway? Yep. Leuer? Yep. Johnson for something? Maybe. Let Casey make that call. Same with Kennard. Pay RJ to NOT play with this team? Sure. Replace him with a D-Leaguer. Can you give salary settlements to grant FA in the NBA? Save us some money with RJ? Ish? Gotta let him walk.Calderon & Zaza, same. Replace them with kids. Will anybody take Ellenson and/ or GR III... for anything? Anything at all? Just do it.

Strip this team down to nothing but Blake and 2nd rounders or D-Leaguers. Maybe hold onto Stanley & Kennard but, like I said, that has to be Casey's call.

You can start signing FA's again in the summer of 2020. After two lottery finishes & high draft picks. 

My guess is... that's Blake's best chance to have some kind of decent chance at having a decent team around him in his waning Detroit contract years. And it's a pretty ****ty chance at that.

The biggest impediment to tanking is, and always has been... Gores.

Not realistic the past few years, we all know that, even those who desperately wanted to invoke The Process.

But even Gores can't be so blind as to see where this team is currently at, and where it is headed.

That is the reason I am making a philosophical change at this point. Because I think the possibility exists, where it did not previously, that Gores will decide that wholesale personnel changes are required to move this team forward. Not the current coach, the current personnel.

Reality has slapped this team/ owner/ myself right in the face, good & hard.

There are a bunch of reasons I don't want to rebuild around Blake.  

The Pistons can't rebuild via cap space since free agents wont play here, assuming the money is the same.  Since stars get max deals, the Pistons cant outbid for them.  So they instead outbid for middle of the road players (Jackson, Smith) and overpay.  That is a disaster waiting to happen.

The other reason, Blake will be ancient by time a proper rebuild is done via the draft.  Guys drafted in the next year or two are 2-4 years away from contributing to legit title contenders.  Blake would be what?  33 or 34 by then?  I'm a big fan of gathering players with the same window, which is why I hated the Philly move for Butler.  

Another reason, I don't want to put Blake through any type of rebuild.  He was dealt a crappy hand being traded here.  He has done nothing but shut his mouth and give maximum effort when a lot of other players would have mouthed off and/or pouted.  Thank him for that and try to find a deal that benefits the team and Blake.  For the sake of his sanity.  

No, but that is not what I am suggesting.

What I am suggesting is that Blake is most likely untradeable. I'm not saying build around him. I'm saying we are stuck with him. And should go through an extensive rebuild anyways.

If he's done with his contract prior to being a viable team, so be it. If a bunch of kids, with Blake, can get us back to competitive, sure, give it a shot. It may be the only shot. Better than trying to sign additional FA's right now and hoping Kennard, SJ, RJ, Ellenson turn into something. Keeping everyone and resigning Bullock to $10 mill per year (I'm just swagging there...) would be pointless. But I believe if there is any chance of a competitive team at all, that includes Blake, it's a rebuild.

Do the rebuild. Dump everyone. If we can't move Blake, do the rebuild anyway. Come what may.

That's my overriding point.

I might not have been clear about that in the earlier post...

1 minute ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

No, but that is not what I am suggesting.

What I am suggesting is that Blake is most likely untradeable. I'm not saying build around him. I'm saying we are stuck with him. And should go through an extensive rebuild anyways.

If he's done with his contract prior to being a viable team, so be it. If a bunch of kids, with Blake, can get us back to competitive, sure, give it a shot. It may be the only shot. Better than trying to sign additional FA's right now and hoping Kennard, SJ, RJ, Ellenson turn into something. Keeping everyone and resigning Bullock to $10 mill per year (I'm just swagging there...) would be pointless. But I believe if there is any chance of a competitive team at all, that includes Blake, it's a rebuild.

Do the rebuild. Dump everyone. If we can't move Blake, do the rebuild anyway. Come what may.

That's my overriding point.

I might not have been clear about that in the earlier post...

Maybe it's a matter of semantics - Reggie and Drummond have to go. If the only way that happens is everyone else has to go to make those trades possible, then sure - it's a total rebuild around Blake.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Maybe it's a matter of semantics - Reggie and Drummond have to go. If the only way that happens is everyone else has to go to make those trades possible, then sure - it's a total rebuild around Blake.

Right.

And I guess I still hold out two positions: (A) Current construction of team goes nowhere. Dump everyone possible. Probably not Blake based on contract. Blake is not good enough by himself to get this team to the playoffs, but we'll end up stuck with him in any rebuild. Therefore, dump everyone possible. (B) Oddly enough, if there's any chance a team with Blake makes it into the playoffs, it won't be with the current team makeup. Therefore, dump everyone possible. Get a bunch of kids, strip the cap and all current players (RJ and Dre included), and... oh, maybe in 2020 they could take a chance on Blake + kids and newly signed FA's to take a shot at the playoffs, which looks like that would be the ONLY possibility of playoffs with Blake still on the team...

Hmm... that looks like build around Blake as well. Damn... semantics are a ***** sometimes!

But my overriding theme, which was not apparent in my original post is... it's time to just dump everyone. I don't think Blake will be possible though. Well, maybe...

If the owner gave the OK you could trade Blake by sundown.

Blake to Charlotte for Batum, Williams, and then ask for Monk, Bridges, and a pick.  You tell Charlotte on the last 3, you want two of the three, any combination they want.  You probably end up with Bridges and the pick.  

I mean I can come up with multiple other teams with the same type of deal.  Pistons eat massive contracts for bad/old players and get some fringe young talent and a pick in the bottom 15 of the first round.  You can trade Blake for that all day every day.  But if you want good value,  yeah, he is untradeable.  The Clippers actually got a great haul for him last year.

according to windhorst the pistons have been shopping drummond on and off all year and no one has shown any interest.

I don't think they are going to do anything drastic. They'll churn the middle and bottom of the roster while these contracts start to run out. You can't trade Jackson and Drummond unless you either take someone's crap or give up draft picks.

4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

according to windhorst the pistons have been shopping drummond on and off all year and no one has shown any interest.

and if he keeps putting up lines like 10pts with 7 TOs it's just going to get worse.

3 minutes ago, kdog said:

I don't think they are going to do anything drastic. They'll churn the middle and bottom of the roster while these contracts start to run out. You can't trade Jackson and Drummond unless you either take someone's crap or give up draft picks.

Probably. Of course if they don't use the picks they have better than SVG did, it doesn't matter anyway. No team in a market like Det can buy/trade their way out of drafting as badly as SVG did.

i think this current iteration of the pistons shows that svg the gm was worse than svg the coach.

the horrible gm moves and terrible misses in the draft have been well documented.

not that he was a great coach, but he did get this god awful mess of a team to the playoffs once and the offense had a decent foundation when reggie was running pnrs with andre.

now the offense is 100% blake or nothing.