Hongbit

2019 College Football Thread

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Yeah, the fourth team doesn't really matter since they are basically a sacrificial lamb to the other three.

That might be the popular thought, but a lot of people assumed Alabama would beat Auburn and find its way in as the #4 after LSU dispatches Georgia (which is also not a given).

28 minutes ago, Casimir said:

That might be the popular thought, but a lot of people assumed Alabama would beat Auburn and find its way in as the #4 after LSU dispatches Georgia (which is also not a given).

Did they really think that about Alabama?  Maybe before Tua got hurt, but after I am not so sure that was a popular thought.

I would love for Georgia to win this week.  They are more deserving than Utah or OU.

31 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Did they really think that about Alabama?  Maybe before Tua got hurt, but after I am not so sure that was a popular thought.

I would love for Georgia to win this week.  They are more deserving than Utah or OU.

A few fell off when Tua got hurt.  But it seemed as though a lot of folks still assumed Alabama would end up 11-1.  And to their credit, they nearly did it.

10 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I can't decide which is more annoying about LSU.  The eaux stuff or the 5 yard line markers.  

Those 5s are pretty annoying.

FSU built a stage for an announcement.  No announcement was made but the stage is being taken down.  The popular theory is they were about to hire Matt Campbell from Iowa State.  But he just signed a new extension.

19 hours ago, Deleterious said:

FSU built a stage for an announcement.  No announcement was made but the stage is being taken down.  The popular theory is they were about to hire Matt Campbell from Iowa State.  But he just signed a new extension.

I read something that FSU is going to have a new president, a new athletic director, and a major alumni/booster association will also have a new president.  So, there's a distinct possibility that the next coach is a lame duck right away.

They are estimating the stadium for the Pac-12 championship game will only be half full tomorrow night.  The stadium seats just under 69,000.

Here's a prime reason I want more computer/algorithm involvement over human "eye test".  I just heard an interview with a report/expert and he mentioned LSU defeating a top ten Texas in week 2 this season.  OK, first thing out of the box, I applaud them for scheduling each other rather than scheduling Wofford and Southeastern Missouri that week.  However, Texas proved itself to be vastly overrated at the time and finished the season with a pedestrian 7-5 record.  The LSU resume should reflect a victory over a 7-5 Texas rather than a #9 Texas.

It’s been a pretty slow news week in the PAC-12 and it will culminate tonight in what should be a pretty good game.   Fortunately, it will  be the last in Levi’s Stadium as next year it moves to the new Raiders stadium in Vegas.    Half full tonight would be an upgrade over the past games.  5:00 PM Friday kickoff in the of Silicon Valley should be fun for 30,000 or so that show up.   

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I'm leaning towards any system that introduces more chaos.  

What is the desired end result of the chaos?

11 minutes ago, Casimir said:

What is the desired end result of the chaos?

No result really.  I'm just a dick and like chaos.  

14 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

No result really.  I'm just a dick and like chaos.  

I'm fine with that.  Carry on.

On 12/4/2019 at 7:32 AM, Casimir said:

I read something that FSU is going to have a new president, a new athletic director, and a major alumni/booster association will also have a new president.  So, there's a distinct possibility that the next coach is a lame duck right away.

Now all they'll need is some professors and classrooms and a bookstore.